athletic trainer in Austin area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

athletic trainer in Austin area

Looking for referrals for an athletic performance (personal) trainer to work with my high school aged son. Main sport is football. Position is DB & WR. Other sports include wrestling and track. Goal is to supplement what he works on with coaches at school - not to undermine it (i.e. coach him on dietary needs, strength gains, footwork, speed, etc....)

If y’all know any trainers in the Austin area that you like please let me know.

Thanks ......
    Last edited by Mastro; 02-01-2018, 09:29 AM.

A Licensed Athletic Trainer deals with injury evaluation, prevention and rehab.

Are you looking more for a personal trainer for performance enhancement?

Huge difference between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
      A Licensed Athletic Trainer deals with injury evaluation, prevention and rehab.

Are you looking more for a personal trainer for performance enhancement?

Huge difference between the two.
      Looking for the later. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mastro View Post
        Looking for referrals for an athletic performance (personal) trainer to work with my high school aged son. Main sport is football. Position is DB & WR. Other sports include wrestling and track. Goal is to supplement what he works on with coaches at school - not to undermine it (i.e. coach him on dietary needs, strength gains, footwork, speed, etc....)

If y’all know any trainers in the Austin area that you like please let me know.

Thanks ......
        My stepson played WR/DB in High school. We used Coachup or a similar website to find 1x1 coaching for these exact same things. I was told by a few other parents that UIL frowns on this type of thing; however, I never cared to verify it because he was not going to play at a D1 school. Maybe something to look into if you think he has that kind of potential.

Comment

What part of town?

Comment

How far are you from San Marcos? Charles Austin, Olympic Gold Medal in High Jump) has a performance enhancement facility in San Marcos. If you have to drive a ways, maybe it's an option.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              What part of town?
              Lake Travis / Four Points area
              Last edited by Mastro; 02-01-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I will add that it was expensive but the results were great. The guy we ended up going with played the exact position for a D1 school and was just out of college doing the coaching thing to make extra money. I could never get the fundamentals to sink in. My son thought he was in great shape after two-a-days and regular practice until he met the coach! He hated the first few workouts but then really started to enjoy that time. The results on the field showed really quickly as well.

The coach even went to a few of our high-school games to see what needed to be improved (Did not tell us and did not charge). He immediately keyed in on some things and drove those home on future sessions.

Our experience was great but I am guessing there are as many horror stories. We liked using the website because they did background check and said they verified experience. Although I am not sure how exactly they could do that. I went to every session just to put mamma at ease.

Comment

Mike O’Hara at Bigger Faster Stronger in Manchaca. Great guy, great reputation, and he does it all.

Comment

If you are looking for places close to Four Points I would investigate the following:

Truth Elite Training - Scott Woolwine - He's right at the entrance of River Place off of 2222. Trains a lot of VHS kids and has guys coming back to him during their college summer breaks.

1Up Performance - Same as above but off of Anderson Mill at 620.

Wild Basin in Steiner trains some kids as well, but I am not familiar with their programs.

You can PM if you have any questions or want more details on the first two.

Comment

Bernard Blake played D1 college ball and drafted by Green Bay, and Anthony Davis. Not sure of his personal back ground but is know for improving speed and quickness. His oldest son played for UT and is going into draft younger son starting corner for D1 program as well. They have both worked with my daughter who’s playing D1 Ball now and my son who’s a Jr in high school starting QB in football and 3rd/pitcher in baseball. Pm me for their info if interested.

Comment

If you're at a decent school you don't need one. Just do the what the coaches say. Take advantage of the other programs. If he's a football player he needs to be on the "Powerlifting" team and "track" team. It's more than just the activity, its about the camaraderie too. He'll show his teammates that he's willing to put in the sweat equity by grinding it out with them before and after school. And it will develop that trust for when the fall comes and it's time to strap up the pads.

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
                          If you are looking for places close to Four Points I would investigate the following:

Truth Elite Training - Scott Woolwine - He's right at the entrance of River Place off of 2222. Trains a lot of VHS kids and has guys coming back to him during their college summer breaks.

1Up Performance - Same as above but off of Anderson Mill at 620.

Wild Basin in Steiner trains some kids as well, but I am not familiar with their programs.

You can PM if you have any questions or want more details on the first two.
                          PM sent. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post
                            Bernard Blake played D1 college ball and drafted by Green Bay, and Anthony Davis. Not sure of his personal back ground but is know for improving speed and quickness. His oldest son played for UT and is going into draft younger son starting corner for D1 program as well. They have both worked with my daughter who’s playing D1 Ball now and my son who’s a Jr in high school starting QB in football and 3rd/pitcher in baseball. Pm me for their info if interested.
                            PM sent, Thanks

Comment

I will say playing college football I went to a work out footwork training place over a specific O line training guy. The college coaches will train you specially if your strong fast agile and able to Learn is the big one. And when they say your not ready for your first College 2 a days they are totally correct. No family didn't know anyone and running until you throw up daily. But this is where you come in and keep him going. My dad was my rock to get me through it.

Comment

Working...
                              X