Black buck antelope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black buck antelope

Will a 4’ woven field fence hold BB in. One strand of Barb wire on top. Assuming no pressure from dogs and yotes. And no does in the adjacent pasture.

Thank you

BP

yes

Comment

I dont think they like to jump unless pressured. There was a herd of bb on a low fence property for about 7 years and they never left. They had no hunting pressure or predators, so they stayed put.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've shot at them with a gun and they still didn't jump the fence. I'm no expert but, I seen them stay put in a 4' chain link fence for years. There was a guy that kept a small herd in Cypress for years inside a short fence.

Comment

Anybody seen one jump in feed pen?
          How tall?
          Thanks for the info so far.

BP

Comment

Never seen one in a pen but I have at my unpenned feeder.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

They walk fence lines. My buddy bought 2 bucks and 5 does and put them on his ranch with brand new fence all the way around. They managed to find a wash out and go under the fence. Neighbors now have black buck.

Comment

Your fence will work. They will most likely go under the fence not over it

Comment

If you have holes in your fence they Will find a way out but for the most part they stay behind a low fence good. We have a bunch and they are all behind low fence. They love to walk the fence for the first week or so when you dump them in a new place. Put water in every corner in a bucket and some feed.

Comment

The are more likely to under a fence than over it.

Comment

Thanks guys
                      Apron on most of the fence. But I see one problem area the fence builder has it off the ground.
                      Wish it was 8’ and we were discussing Axis. I’m not in love with tiny antelope.

Comment

Working...
                      X