• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Says everyone is accounted for.
      Lesto!!

Comment

My BIL was in Laporte and 500yds from the blast. Hes fine but a little shaken. he said it was the single loudest sound he has ever heard. he is concerned about the crew working directly a the blast point regardless of the news release saying no injuries.
        Last edited by GarGuy; 02-14-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

News is saying it was a pressure explosion at the linde cylinder plant. I would bet money a cylinder failed and came apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            News is saying it was a pressure explosion at the linde plant. It if was heard from ten miles away it must have been more than just a cylinder.

Comment

Watching live news from the helicopter I noticed a large diameter pipe split open.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                My BIL was in Laporte and 500yds from the blast. Hes fine but a little shaken. he said it was the single loudest sound he has ever heard. he is concerned about the crew working directly a the blast point regardless of the news release saying no injuries.
                I heard our guy and Sam were close. Glad they are ok

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                  I heard our guy and Sam were close. Glad they are ok
                  Yep they were close. lots of smoke. Anyone heard an update?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    accounted for does not say anything about injuries,, just that everyone known to have been in the place had been found....

Comment

Prayers up for everyone involved? Everyone be careful out there!! I worked in one of these plants for 34 years and I am glad to be retired now.

Comment

Man, that plant blends some nasty stuff!! don't know if they still do, but many moons ago I furnished a diaphragm compressor to that plant for the filling of bottles of all manner of hazardous gasses... Hope the release was not some of that "nasty" stuff!

Comment

Any word this morning on injury? Sam said there was a crane crew working directly above the blast point. There was a pretty big fire ball at first.

Comment

I haven't seen or heard squat on the news. The tragedy in Florida sort of sucked the wind out of most of the rest of the news events from yesterday...

Comment

Working...
                            X