Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who has not planted fall plot(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who has not planted fall plot(s)?

It has been dry and I have been waiting for a good chance of rain to plant.

Looks like good chance for rain starting Friday night so on my day off tomorrow I will be planting my fall plots

Nope, planting oats, black eyed peas and clover on Saturday same for me, been dry and don't normally plant till the end of bow season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope

Comment

No sir, you are doing it right. I planted two weeks ago right before the first cold front. I got oats sprouting and a few radishes popping up. Still worried about Army worms in my area.

Comment

I planted Saturday in Henderson county doing the throw & mow method ahead of the front...weather channel said 80% chance and we got 0 rain. Really need some this weekend which looks like a better chance.

I planted a mix of:
          Oats, wheat, winter peas and tetraploid rye. I also have a bag of chicory I may or may not throw around the bare spots before Saturday...

Comment

I will be planting this weekend or next. I like to plan early but then you have to worry about the army worms hitting them.

Comment

I planted early because I believed the lying *****ed weather man when he said we were getting rain. I plant four places, two turned out just ok, two turned out bad.

This one in Trinity Co. is just good enough to draw deer, but I hope we get the rain promised this weekend to boost the growth. I had deer in this one from daylight until 10:30 on Monday.

I'm debating on overseeding this plot Friday morning and letting the "heavy rain" in the forecast drive it into the soil.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Drycreek3189; 10-18-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I did the same, DryCreek. Maybe the rain this weekend will salvage them.

Comment

I planted 2 Sundays ago....some coming up but 90% hasn't. Rain this weekend looks like

Comment

I was excited to see the rain potential last Saturday/Sunday in East Texas also...made sure I got my throw and go in...well the rain lasted all about 45 seconds. Didn't even rain enough to make mud. Hopefully the birds did not eat all the seed and the rain this weekend will be for real.

Last year, it rained almost every week in August, so I went ahead and did my throw and grow. Didn't rain again for 5 weeks after I put the seed down. That one did not grow very good.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      I planted 2 Sundays ago....some coming up but 90% hasn't. Rain this weekend looks like
                      Originally posted by JayB View Post
                      I was excited to see the rain potential last Saturday/Sunday in East Texas also...made sure I got my throw and go in...well the rain lasted all about 45 seconds. Didn't even rain enough to make mud. Hopefully the birds did not eat all the seed and the rain this weekend will be for real.

Last year, it rained almost every week in August, so I went ahead and did my throw and grow. Didn't rain again for 5 weeks after I put the seed down. That one did not grow very good.
                      Now I know what a farmer feels like

Comment

I planted on the 7th and haven't been back out to see how they are doing...I think the lease got "some" rain but not sure exactly how much....we'll see this weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Yep. Same here. Crows been cleaning me out !! Gonna try to get up there and fling some more seed before Saturday.

Comment

I am planning on planting this weekend as well. Hopefully we get the rain.

Comment

I planted 3 weeks ago in Young County, got a good rain right after. Everything came up, looking good, then army worms wiped it out. Replanting this weekend, good chance of rain Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
                              X