Colorado Pronghorn with Brett C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Pronghorn with Brett C

Pronghorn always seems to be a last min trip for me. After talking with Brett a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to head up and see if I can get it done this year. My cousin decided that he wanted to go and we have one other TBHer that is also going to be coming.

Originally we had planned on leaving the 24th at like 8pm, driving all night and arriving at like 5am and getting strait in the blind. After looking at flights and realizing we could fly to Denver for 10,000 miles round trip we changed plans. We fly out tonight at 9:15 and arrive in Denver at 10:15. A two hour drive south to pueblo and we're there by 1:00am at the latest.

We are meeting Brett at 5:30 in the morning to get in the blinds. We are hunting Friday-3:00 Monday if we have to but hopefully we get a few goats killed in a few days so we can go explore a little. We have to find somewhere to watch the McGregor fight sat night.

The plan is to do a daily video of the trip and post it on my YouTube channel. But I will keep y'all updated on here too. Weather looks hot and dry the next 4 days so hopefully they are hitting water.

Here are a few goats TBHers have killed on Brett's place over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work men!

Comment

Tagged, good luck!

Comment

Been there, done that and it was a great time. Not to mention Brett is good people. I need to get back there and do it again. I keep saying that but my dang Africa trips keep getting in the way . Good luck. I'll be following.

Comment

Tagged, BrettC may be getting a PM from me for next season

Comment

Speed goat with a bow is something I've always wanted to do! Got any info on this trip as far as cost and how one gets to hunt here?

Comment

good luck Ive wanted to get in on One of brett c's goat hunts for years. Wife just keeps getting herself pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Speed goat with a bow is something I've always wanted to do! Got any info on this trip as far as cost and how one gets to hunt here?

PM Brett C. Not sure what he is charging now, but you just buy an OTC tag and you're good to go.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Have fun, sounds like a great trip

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

This year the hunt is $1000-1200 depending on the number of guys Brett gets for the season plus a $416 otc archery antelope tag. For the record Brett doesn't make any money on these hunts he puts together, it goes to the land owner.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        This year the hunt is $1000-1200 depending on the number of guys Brett gets for the season plus a $416 otc archery antelope tag. For the record Brett doesn't make any money on these hunts he puts together, it goes to the land owner.

Not too shabby! They do rifle hunts?

Comment

How far from Pueblo is the place?My daughter just moved to Colorado Springs and this would be great for my Son-In -Law and myself for next year.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                            How far from Pueblo is the place?My daughter just moved to Colorado Springs and this would be great for my Son-In -Law and myself for next year.

DJ

The ranch is like 15 min south of pueblo I believe.

Comment

Not to mention if you get one early and have a few days left you can hit the mountains for a some trout fishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X