Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Thomas fishing update

Howdy,

There was a St. Thomas thread a few weeks back. Sandy and I just returned from our cruise. We fished for a half day in St. Thomas.

We had a great time. It was my favorite day of the trip. We told Rick, the captain/owner that we wanted to stay inshore and we didn't care what type of fish, we just wanted to catch and not just a boat ride.

We both trolled and bottom fished. When trolling a couple of times we had fish on all four poles. We caught 7 or 8 different types of fishes, probably about 30 in all.

They also do lobster diving and spear fishing. Our cost was 155 each. We paid a cab to the pick up point but he gave us a ride back.

Very nice and personable guy and I will go with him again if I find myself back at St. Thomas. Swashbucklin Tours, Rick Gonzalas.
    Attached Files

Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing

Comment

thanks for sharing, will write the name down for our trip in may.

Comment

Dont have a clue what any one those fish are but are any of them good table fare?
        Thanks for the recap.

Comment

Almost all were good to eat. We threw back a few that had a blue strip. The rest we kept, except Sandy hooked a 3 ft shark we did not bring in the boat. We had to get back on the ship but the guide kept a few and we gave some to some local kids that were fishing by shore that had not caught anything. Some were tuna family, some mackerel, the orange were called strawberry grouper.

Comment

Glad you got to fish and it does look like you had a good time!

Comment

Straw Grouper= good to eat! This I know!

Comment

Looks like a good time. I've always enjoyed fishing down there.

Comment

Working...
                X