Headed to Arkansas! Gone duck killin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to Arkansas! Gone duck killin!

Well me and a buddy just made it into Arkansas! Will be hunting bayou meto next two days! I'm freaking stoked, have yet to kill a mallard. Grew up hunting the coast. Will be trying to keep this as updated as possible, not sure if I will have phone signal.

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good luck

Comment

Good luck. I've seen some of the boat ramp videos from Bayou Meto, not for me. Lol

Comment

What part of the scatters are yall going to? We used to hunt in Government Cypress. It's a hint you will remember whether you kill ducks or not. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Just watched some YouTube videos on Bayou Meto. Looks like a pretty wild time

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                Just watched some YouTube videos on Bayou Meto. Looks like a pretty wild time

They've really have made an attempt to cut back on that stuff. You can only have a 25 hp or below outboard now. Talking to my buddies that live in the area, game wardens are pretty much always present there.

Comment

Go get em ... always wanted to hunt the Arkansas timber

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                    Well me and a buddy just made it into Arkansas! Will be hunting bayou meto next two days! I'm freaking stoked, have yet to kill a mallard. Grew up hunting the coast. Will be trying to keep this as updated as possible, not sure if I will have phone signal.

Stephen

Depending on the ramp you put in and the area you are hunting you may or may not have signal. Make sure you pick up a fish and game book. There is a page in it that you need to tear out, sign, and keep on you. It was a new requirement last year for duck season, but it's a blanket requirement at bayou meto. I got a warning during deer season there because I didn't have it. The GW sounded like they would ticket during duck season for it. Also, make sure to be familiar with the WMA rules. They changed it to no motion decoys either last, or this year. Also, you can only have 15 shells per person if memory serves me correctly. Most important thing is to kill some ducks. There are some beautiful wood ducks in those woods.

Comment

Sounds like a fun hunt, good luck !!

Comment

Hopefully it will cool off and the sun will stay out. That'd make hunting in the woods a lot better.

If you come in on 165, you'll pass by a spot I hunt at Geridge. There's been decent numbers the past few days but this weather is worrying me.

Comment

Always wanted to hunt up there but don't know if I could handle all the crowds....

Comment

Hunting has been slow in Ark, hope it picks up for you guys.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X