How about a diy yard cart (go cart) refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a diy yard cart (go cart) refresh

I picked this thing up from a buddy yesterday and had a little time today to give the old thing a freshening up. First of im gonna work it over with a wire brush on the grinder. Then off to paint. It runs like a champ so i really don't have to do anything to the engine. I found a old boat seat in my shop that has to be more comfortable than the board i had on my cart when i was a kid. The plan is to give this to my boys on Christmas. Hopefully it will get them out of the house and covered in good ole pasture mud.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wish I knew how many miles I put on the one we had. Couldn’t keep tires on it.

Comment

Got a little paint on and thinking about adding the boat seat.

Comment

The boys are gonna love that thing!

Back when I was 16, had a feller build one with a 175cc Bennellie motor out of a cycle, with dual centrifugals, and the factory clutch. That thing would scoot!

Comment

Nice .

Comment

I got it finished up last night and gave it to the boys this morning. My 6 year old fits it perfect but i quickly discovered my 11 year old is almost too tall for it. Looks like i will be searching for another cart soon.

Comment

Looks good hopefully you have a guard for the chain

Comment

That will be so much fun!

You had better keep that sucker running! I remember from when I was a kid those suckers really get dangerous when they don’t run anymore! We towed one around behind 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers, dirt bikes, street bikes cars and trucks. Bored redneck kids get dangerous LOL!

Comment

My little brother and I put many miles on this exact model!

Rear left tire was always worn slick in no time!

Your boys will have it nice in that boat seat. Ours had a plastic butt bucket that transferred the shock of every rock directly to your teeth.

Comment

Working...
                  X