Ozonics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozonics

Who all uses one and share your experiences, good or bad.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take FWIW. Used it a lot this year bow hunting from treestand. My main spot is tough because it's in a finger of woods that goes out into a field. The deer are unpredictable where they come from. About 8-10 times I had a group of does including some mature does or Bucks that we're in that zone 60 yards away where they will pretty much 100% of the time nail you even with all normal scent precautions. Each time they noticed something out of the ordinary where they would stand there looking my direction but never spooked. Never snorted. At most they lifted their tail and walked around some. Them noticing something out of the ordinary never impacted my hunt. This experience is consistent with previous 2 years. I have no doubt it has a positive impact on my hunts. Having said that, I would never intentionally hunt upwind of deer because I was using ozonics.

Comment

mine works great .

Comment

I'm gonna make this short and sweet. I almost ruined my best food plot in a creek bottom because the wind does strange stuff no matter the direction. Deer and hogs can and will come from any direction. Two years ago I vowed to use the Ozonics unit that my wife had bought me for every sit. My sightings went from very few, (and most of them spooked at some point), to deer or hogs on most every sit after they finally stopped smelling me. Long story short, I have had several hogs and a couple coyotes come in straight downwind of me and I'm sold on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I'm gonna make this short and sweet. I almost ruined my best food plot in a creek bottom because the wind does strange stuff no matter the direction. Deer and hogs can and will come from any direction. Two years ago I vowed to use the Ozonics unit that my wife had bought me for every sit. My sightings went from very few, (and most of them spooked at some point), to deer or hogs on most every sit after they finally stopped smelling me. Long story short, I have had several hogs and a couple coyotes come in straight downwind of me and I'm sold on it.

Which model do you have

Comment

I used my boyfriends HR200 for 7 straight hunts in different stands, different wind directions and had deer literally walking under my feet of the tree I was in nearly every sit. I was never much of a believer of scent control or wind balance. This was a game changer for me. I’m sold.

Comment

I'm a believer. Seeing alot more deer downwind. Have yet to be busted in 2 yrs but I know it will happen. It's not 100% be it is an advantage.

Comment

It works but I still go through my normal scent control "plan"

Comment

I have the 200 and will never hunt without it. I have had deer come directly downwind and never blow. I have had a few come in, act like they smell something but never leave. It’s like they smell something but it’s not disturbing to them.

Comment

This is my second year using it and will not hunt without it. I still use the same scent prevention practices I have used for years and would never hunt a stand with the wind at my back but have yet to be winded. I also only hunt in box or shell type blinds from the ground.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys/gals, been thinking about getting one. Didn’t want to spend that kind of money if it’s not worth it.

Comment

Bought a 300 for Kansas this year. Best money I have spent lately on hunting equipment

Comment

For those with good results, are you hunting enclosed blinds or tree stands?

Comment

Tree stand for me in KS. Ran it on boost most of the time

BTW, Backwoods, I like your profile pic!
                            Last edited by QDM4fun; 11-25-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QDM4fun View Post
                              Tree stand for me in KS. Ran it on boost most of the time

BTW, Backwoods, I like your profile pic!
                              Ditto on tree stand and boost mode! When in a pop up I usually place it upside down on top of my ground blind if not raining.
                              Oh, I like your avatar and post name! Someone needs to teach the nutcases in Cali about controlled burns.

Comment

Working...
                              X