No announcement yet.

A wee bit angry at Walmart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were walking out a side door with one of the most stolen and resold items. Theft and resale of printer cartridges is a multi-million dollar industry.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/31814...inter-ink.html

Comment

After reading 3 pages here is what should have happened and no I don't shop Wally Marts.

You should have taken off in a dash of sprint from the employee. I mean full throttle and yelling something like "If it doesn't fit you must acquit!!!". If more employees from mart joined in just zig zag through the cars in the parking lot.

Most of their greeters are on oxygen tanks so yeah you know what's gonna happen. When cops show up show em your receipt. When they ask why 2 of the greeters have suffered massive heart attacks and want to file on you for elderly abuse tell em "I was framed!".

The second scenario involves assault. We will cover that in Chapter 6 on "How to shop at Wally's World".........................................

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        Probably but that doesn't save you from the fists of fury once they have been summoned.
        Originally posted by Charles View Post
        dang dude...you are a straight up gangster Keep up the good work in making merica great again
        True! I think I will contract out my light duty stuff to J Sweet in the future and save some wear and tear on these old bones!

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post
          You were walking out a side door with one of the most stolen and resold items. Theft and resale of printer cartridges is a multi-million dollar industry.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/31814...inter-ink.html
          Post #76. Beat you. What do I win?

Comment

Originally posted by dmk View Post
            There is a bit of a double standard though. They don't ask to search purses when people leave do they? They don't search pockets if empty handed either, so why punish someone who bought something?
            Yep. Because laws are set up so they don't profile. It's pure BS
            It's like locking your door to keep the honest people out. They could bust people all day long but nothing would happen to them.

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
            What? How do they know he bought something and how is this a "double standard?" Carrying it out with no receipt in hand doesn't mean he bought anything.

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            I blame Trump
            Either that or something Bush did years ago

Comment

Why are there 3 pages of comments about this? I'm still trying to figure out how much pea gravel to add to my corn and exactly how long to dry hump my Catahoula, (until it pees? or until it finishes peeing?) and you're worried about getting your receipt checked at wal mart?

Priorities man Priorities

Comment

Of all the silly things to get bent about, this ranks pretty high up the list. Just like every time someone starts a thread on this exact topic here every few years. Every time I read a thread like this I wonder what some of y'all look like. I'm in Wal-Mart (any of 3 in our area) probably 2-3 times per month, and there are always employees/monitors standing near the exit door, but I honestly can't remember the last time my receipt and/or merchandise was checked. Been a long time. Then again, maybe I don't fit a "profile". I'm pretty clean cut, don't have any ink or piercings all over my body, don't wear my jammies and flip-flops to the store, don't look as though I'm sucking off the government teat.

If somewhere other than Wal-Mart sells what you need, for the price you're looking for, and won't stop you and ask to see your receipt/merchandise, maybe you should shop there instead. Still a free country. I'll keep shopping at Wal-Mart when I need to.

p.s. I sure wonder when reading these threads about how many of the people complaining, happen to own their own business that deals with the public and provides the opportunity for theft. I'm guessing not too many. I do own my own business, and I can completely sympathize with Wal-Mart - who already is pretty much the cheapest place to buy the most types of stuff - trying to limit their shoplifting losses.
                Last edited by Joshua Flournoy; 05-31-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                  It's their store policy. But for other reasons, Walmart is the cancer of America. Best not to shop there
                  With all of the low life drug dealers, food stamp moochers, healthcare and illegal aliens in this country. Wal-Mart is far from the cancer of America.

Comment

OP.... there is a book worth reading. It's called The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k. A friend sent it to me. I will be glad to send to you or....or to save you two nights of reading I will sum up the gist of the book here..... don't sweat the small stuff. Life is way too short to stress the small stuff.

Comment

Never asked to show any receipt at any Walmart anywhere in the country. Sam's and Costco is a different story. They check my receipt everywhere but give my basket such a cursory look, I don't think they would notice if I did try to get away with something.

Comment

Not trying to make it a racist thing, but the lady at the exit was a Mexican and I swear that like 4 other Mexicans were in front of me and she never checked their bags or receipts and she checked mine and another white guy behind me and a black guy and then let another Mexican guy behind us go through. Just a little weird in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                          Then again, maybe I don't fit a "profile". I'm pretty clean cut, don't have any ink or piercings all over my body, don't wear my jammies and flip-flops to the store, don't look as though I'm sucking off the government teat.
                          now you've gone and done it!!

Comment

Quite a few of you guys need to grow up and get over yourselves, what happened to all the post about " I HATE A THIEF" they were trying to prevent in there eyes " A POSSIBLE THIEF ." Show them the merchandise and move on, don't ruin your day or possibly someone else's by "escalating the situation." Give me a break.

Comment

I fear we were too late to talk sense into the OP. Breaking news just in
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                Was the cashier Hot?
                                You do realize this conversation is about Walmart, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X