Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some help from you tractor guys!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help from you tractor guys!!!

I am looking to buy a tractor. As I have been looking, I keep seeing guys asking if the tractor has "rear remotes". What the heck are rear remotes, and why would I need them. The tractor I need is for general use: loader on the front, and shredder and maybe a box blade for the rear. I don't know a lot about these machines, so any help would be appreciated. If I decide to go buy a new one, I don't want them selling me a bunch of stuff I don't really need.

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 04-29-2018, 07:24 AM.

Rear remotes are auxiliary hydraulic connections that allow you to operate hydraulic cylinders. They consist of the quick connections located somewhere on the rear of the tractor and the control lever up by the operator.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Rear remotes are auxiliary hydraulic connections that allow you to operate hydraulic cylinders. They consist of the quick connections located somewhere on the rear of the tractor and the control lever up by the operator.
      OK, can you give me an example of what they are used for, and why I would need them???

Bisch

Comment

Rear remotes are used to operate hyd cylinders or motors on a attachment like batwing cutters, post hole diggers. Are you close to temple? I work at a kubota dealer there

Comment

What he said ^^

Comment

I use the rear remotes all the time... Hydraulic top link is the bomb My tractor has 2 sets of rear remote.

Box blade needs the angle of the cut changed to do certain job. If you have hydraulic top link it is just pushing a lever to change the angle. If not you stop the tractor ...get out .. an adjust the top link.
            Last edited by Stan R; 04-29-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I am interested in having a rear remote installed on my M4800 but don't know much about how they work. Would somebody give me a simple lesson about them so I'll not look like a total dummy at the dealership. Why do some have more than one connect and can 2 connects be installed if there is...

There's lots of info on here. I hope it helps

Comment

Your can run a lot of things with hydraulic auxiliary controls. A grader blade or box blade you can control the angle a hydraulic dump trailer or even a log splitter

Comment

OK, I'm sure this is gonna sound stupid, but I'm gonna ask anyway, because I'm trying to learn.

So, the tractor comes with a rear PTO to attach implements like a shredder to. Why do I need rear remotes to attach implements to???

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                    Your can run a lot of things with hydraulic auxiliary controls. A grader blade or box blade you can control the angle a hydraulic dump trailer or even a log splitter
                    So, the remote valves can be used to control implements that are not attached to the tractor?

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                      Rear remotes are used to operate hyd cylinders or motors on a attachment like batwing cutters, post hole diggers. Are you close to temple? I work at a kubota dealer there
                      I am 3.5hrs from there, but would not mind going there to buy (if I decide to buy new) if I thought I had someone who would talk straight to me to deal with!!! If you don't mind, PM me your number., please!

Bisch

Comment

Here is a video explaining it too. It is definitely a must have.

Comment

Pto is used for rotary items like brush Hogs and post hole digger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            OK, I'm sure this is gonna sound stupid, but I'm gonna ask anyway, because I'm trying to learn.

So, the tractor comes with a rear PTO to attach implements like a shredder to. Why do I need rear remotes to attach implements to???

Bisch
                            Hydraulic Hose is used to connect

The rear attachment is connected to the 3 point hitch.

The PTO is used to get power to the shredder, pole hole digger, 3 point sprayer. etc.

I also have extra front remote to run hay grapple, clearing grapple.

I'll go take a few pictures.

Comment

use a three point hitch to attach the attachment to the Tractor and then you run the PTO linkage to the attachment to power the attachment the rear remote AKA wet package is used for hydraulic implements like a log splitter or hydraulic Grapplers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X