Smoking in the stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking in the stand?

This became a heated debate with the guys at work the other day. Thought I'd bring it to the fire and see what y'alls take is. What is your thoughts on smoking in the stand?

Seen plenty of guys do it and kill nice deer.

Comment

Rifle no problem.... Bow hunting not so much to much movement and smell.

Comment

As long as they are menthols, you should be fine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
          As long as they are menthols, you should be fine!!!
          if your tryin to find a melanistic deer maybe

Comment

^^^^^^

Comment

My great grandad used to smoke a pipe while hunting many years ago. He would that if they are coming from downwind that the deer will smell us anyways. Haha. I think that's why he always killed a lot of turkey and not many deer.

Comment

As long as you're not doing it in my stand, I could care less.

Comment

I say whatever makes you happy. Happy hunters hunt, and time in the field is the key to success. IMO

Comment

I smoke in the stand when i want one, i have filmed 3 deer this year out of a popup under 30yds with the closest being a decent 8pt at 10yds and i havent been busted yet, If i could figgure out how to post up a video clip id show u just how close the 8 was.......maybe gander will chime in, he has seen the video and the butts on the ground in my stand lol...........

Growin up my dad always smoked in the stand and we still saw deer, ive never bought into the "scent blocking" craze tho, not talkin down on it or anyone that uses it but ive never had a reason to worry much abt it......guess the deer like the way i smell lol.

Comment

I have seen my Dad kill a deer while smoking, sitting on a white 5 gallon bucket, and no camo on. So yes it can be done but your most certainly not giving yourself the best chance of killing a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstare View Post
                        i say whatever makes you happy. Happy hunters hunt, and time in the field is the key to success. Imo
                        x2

Comment

I have been smoking in the stand on every hunt of every deer I've ever killed. My stands are at 25 yds and 15 yds to the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by hopco.boy View Post
                            I have been smoking in the stand on every hunt of every deer I've ever killed. My stands are at 25 yds and 15 yds to the feeder.
                            Good for you. I for one will pass on smoking when hunting or otherwise.

Comment

I've had to put out/down a many cigs to shoot a deer. If the deer is downwind it will probably smell you. If it ain't it WON'T!

Comment

Working...
                              X