Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help. Wife at home with newborn and no heater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help. Wife at home with newborn and no heater.

My wife called me this morning and said the heater in our house stopped working, and she smelled a burning like smell in the house.

She turned the thermostat off, then back to heat (we have a heat pump), after a few minutes it switched to axuiliary heat, but still nothing is coming on. She has the thermostat set to 71 and it's 67 in the house.

To make matters worse she is at home with a 2 month old baby, and it's supposed to get down to 25 tonight.

I am at work and wont have my phone until this afternoon, if somebody knows a company or a guy who can come out ASAP and take a look and try to get it up and running it would sure be appreciated.

Our house is located in Weatherford / Azle area.

If you can help or know someone who can please call her at 817 723 2944.

Thank you all!

I’m no help on the fix but have her go get a space heater or look into a hotel as a second option. I have a 6 month and 21 month old so I understand your worries.

Comment

There are a few TBHers in your area that are HVAC. So here's a bump so they might see this thread.

Comment

We have some space heaters at home she can use for the time being to help keep it warm. Thanks for the bump.

Comment

Bump for you..hope you can get someone out there

Comment

Give this guy a call

Mark Ary. He's known for helping folks out in need.

(940) 627-5882

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Ttt for you. Our last kid was born in Sept. The day our AC went out. Luckily our neighbor is a ac tech so he had us up and running by the time we got home from the hospital

Comment

Call Elliscountyhog. He's helped out a lot of folks on here.

Walked AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unable to help, but here’s a bump in hopes someone can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What you might try, not saying it's going to work, but may help. If you go outside and look at the A/C unit or heat pump outside the house. While the pump is running. see if the coils are frozen up, make sure the blower fan is blowing, basically that the blower motor is running and pushing air. If so, look to see if the coils are frozen up. If they are, you have a air flow restriction and or low on Freon.
                      What you can do is get a water hose and spray down the coils that are frozen, with a water sprayer. What you are trying to do is wash out anything that may be plugging up the coils and at the same time unfreeze the evaporator coils.
                      Not saying this will help any at all. But I have run into this before and was able to get the coils unfrozen and got the heat pump, heating the house again. I had to go back out side maybe every three hours to four hours to thaw out the evaporator coils.

Also for future information, you should clean the coils in the heat pump or A/C unit probably once a year to maybe twice a year. If the coils get plugged up with leaves, dirt, grass ect., to the point air can not flow through the coils, the unit can not do it's job. It transfers heat, depending on weather you have the heater on or the A/C on, as with which coils have Freon flowing through them. If the evaporator coils are plugged, the unit evaporator will freeze up. If the condenser coils are plugged up, the system will over heat and build up too much pressure and cut off, if you are lucky. Or it will vent off Freon or lock up a compressor.

Comment

All Pro - Keith Reddington - he's the best

Comment

Good luck!
                          Bump

Comment

Walmart milk barn heaters are a good temporary relief

Comment

I'm in the same boat but without the little one, thank the lord. Our fan motor went out and it smelled like burning rubber when it got hot. Hopefully the tech can get it fixed today. luckily, we have a gas stove in the living room which heats it all pretty well. good luck with the fix. Hope its a cheap one.

Comment

Working...
                              X