Sales Guys Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
    While some young hungry competitor is clinching until after 5:00 to beat you?
    Man if only clinching were an option.

But you’re not wrong!

Comment

Depends on the market too...in the oil patch my guys would hit monday hard so Fridays & weekends would hopefully go smooth. Fridays were 90% laid back for outside sales anyway.

Comment

Up until 12 on Friday I’m still out in the field calling in customers. After lunch I just got to the office to make sure everything is planned out for the next week but I’m not calling in anyone after 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

like deer hunting, you can’t kill em from the couch.
          They can’t buy from you if you aren’t there for them.

Comment

It all depends on what you’re selling

I’ll be finalizing my solution proposal Sunday to present Monday

I’m in Mechanical Equipment Service Sales

Many a start at 2am and get home at 9pm.
            Every holiday is plant shutdown work

The complacency comments are quite amusing to me

Comment

I have found that people are in better moods on Friday and more prone to say yes!!

Comment

The one thing I know is that most of my buddies that are in sales are usually several cold beers deep by lunch time on Friday... or on their way to the deer lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                  It all depends on what you’re selling

I’ll be finalizing my solution proposal Sunday to present Monday

I’m in Mechanical Equipment Service Sales

Many a start at 2am and get home at 9pm.
                  Every holiday is plant shutdown work

The complacency comments are quite amusing to me

How so....? What are your thoughts then on complacency amongst sales people? Genuinely interested to hear your thoughts on that.
                  Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-07-2020, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Sales Guys Questions

I set my appointments 9 to 3 Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Monday and Wednesday 1:30 to 3:30 because I have a 7:30 sales meeting those days with a scheduled phone block. If I have a lot of sales I need to turn in i will work from home to get caught up and that could be any day.

The best thing I can tell new sales rep is to learn your true bottom dollar on the product you’re selling. Most reps I work with with are told that they can only go 20% off book price but I consistently sell 40% off if needed.

Last edited by Black Ice; 02-08-2020, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I think also industry matters... Which level are you selling to etc... I'd LOVE for somebody to try to get my crew to pick up the phone b4 8... They would laugh in your face without a personal relationship with them...

Friday is a day I can be a hero or someone or get a tighter guy to lighten up have a beer and build repore sometimes. So yeah I definitely have my computer and work phone so I can hustle and makes things happen on a Friday but I'm for sure not booking regular calls then... My customers would get frustrated, I'd be in their way as they try to get home

If I we are booking an event (golf, Clay's, hunt) I try to put it on friday... If they want a Friday lunch and learn I'll offer beer and a later start...

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        I think also industry matters... Which level are you selling to etc... I'd LOVE for somebody to try to get my crew to pick up the phone b4 8... They would laugh in your face without a personal relationship with them...

Friday is a day I can be a hero or someone or get a tighter guy to lighten up have a beer and build repore sometimes. So yeah I definitely have my computer and work phone so I can hustle and makes things happen on a Friday but I'm for sure not booking regular calls then... My customers would get frustrated, I'd be in their way as they try to get home

If I we are booking an event (golf, Clay's, hunt) I try to put it on friday... If they want a Friday lunch and learn I'll offer beer and a later start...

I’ve averaged $17,000 in new weekly business @ 52 weeks a year with a 4 year contact for six years.

I can expense lunch and I’ve done it no more than 4 times in those 6 years.

Hell I forget all the LSU tiger tickets we have and end up letting the rookies take them for something I’ll close later after they move on.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post

And building relationships is what Sales is all about. There are plenty of order takers out there that are not sales guys. They may have the title, but make no mistake, the two are not the same. The goal is to move beyond sales person into a trusted advisor type role. They should view you as an extension of their own company. Again, this is coming from an industrial sales guy, and I understand there are different types of sales roles throughout any workForce. building relationships is what Sales is all about. Definitely does matter on the industry, but I work whenever my supers/PMs/decision makers work. In my industry that is 6a to 4:30ish Pm.
                          All that to say there is no one answer to this discussion, as a whole. But I assure you as I mentioned above, complacency is a killer. You can guarantee that you will have to replace 20% of your business every year to maintain your numbers. To grow your business it must be more than that. That’s why complacency Will eventually eat your lunch. Not long ago I wrapped up a project that we were very large player in that was $12 billion project (the project investment as a whole, not my sales) over the last three or four years. Those 3 to 4 years were very good. However, had I been complacent that job would’ve come to an end and I would’ve been scrambling to replace those sales. At 100% commission, I can’t afford to be anything but what I’ve described above.

I’m sure there are some really great sales people on here. Let’s keep this productive and I bet we could learn from each other!
                          Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-08-2020, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
                            I have found that people are in better moods on Friday and more prone to say yes!!

I agree with this. I find it much easier to get in front of the decision maker on Friday. Typically they are a little more laid back being Friday and have a few minutes to spare.

Comment

Monday’s are for some office work and setting appointments for the following week. Tuesday through Thursday, get after it. Occasional Friday morning breakfast or coffee with a few key customers, but other than that, I’m playing golf on Friday afternoon......with a customer of course. I’ve been doing this for 25+ years and I’ve been very successful at it.....customers don’t want to be bothered on Monday mornings or Friday afternoons. We talk about those guys and gals while we’re on the golf course on Fridays.

Comment

Working...
                              X