Transporting a Yoder smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transporting a Yoder smoker?

Buying a YS640 Yoder smoker this weekend, but I've never actually laid hands on one before.

I see they are around +300lbs. Is this something 1 person can lay down in the bed of a truck for transporting or do I need to bring a team of dudes with me to pick it up and place upright in the truck bed?

Get some help or eat a couple boxes of wheaties.

Comment

Definitely more than 1 person can handle. Bring some help.

Comment

Usually a Yoder dealer will have a way to help or load it for you. It will be shrink wrapped and perhaps on a partial wooden pallet when they get it.
        We used out atv winch to get my Durango off our ramp gate trailer.
        You should be able to get it out of your truck bed on a good ramp and use a block and tackle to control the descent. Spouse could roll my Durango across the yard on plywood without much trouble, it weighs 765 lbs.
        The 640 should fit in your truck bed or on a light trailer.
        You will love it, a good friend bought a competition model after I got my stick burner and he really loves it. Cooks on it commercially for his bar.

Comment

Mine is heavy you need a crew

Comment

Mine was shipped to my house and came on a pallet. Not sure if yours will come that way or assembled. Either way, get some help. I bet the dealer will help load but you will need help unloading.

Comment

Took two of us to get my ys640 out of the truck and it was super sketchy. 4 people is probably better. No BS it started slipping and I don’t know what happened but we got it set down sorta gently and half my upper body bruised up. It’s heavy.

They loaded it for me so I bet going up is even worse.
              Last edited by Rubberdown; 07-12-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X