Are they worth it or not?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they worth it or not?!

I was looking for a good 7 pin site and my bow shop was talking me into the Option 6 or the Option 8... Which Mr. Adam was being a hell of a salesmen and almost had me hooked lined and sinkered. If you have used or have one was it worth the gold you had to use to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Blue_Duck View Post
    I was looking for a good 7 pin site and my bow shop was talking me into the Option 6 or the Option 8... Which Mr. Adam was being a hell of a salesmen and almost had me hooked lined and sinkered. If you have used or have one was it worth the gold you had to use to pay for it.

Wow, 7 pins. I have enough trouble keeping my single pin on the kill zone!

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
      Wow, 7 pins. I have enough trouble keeping my single pin on the kill zone!

Yeah I want a hundred yard pin for a just cuz, went to some three d shoots that had some hundred targets that I lost too many arrows at.

Comment

Yeah I want a hundred yard pin for a just cuz, went to some three d shoots that had some hundred targets that I lost too many arrows at.

You answered your own question??

Comment

When I read the title I thought this was going to be about women.

Comment

I would get a 5 pin adjustable. I had a 7 pin spott hogg at one time and it really clouded the site housing.

Comment

I hope it works for ya. I wouldn't want 7 pins ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                You answered your own question??

I did [emoji848]

Comment

Id personally go with a 3 or a 5 pin slider. Axcel makes a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                    Id personally go with a 3 or a 5 pin slider. Axcel makes a good one.

Sweet thanks! Like the avatar

Comment

I have five pins and use three. Or should say, used to. I seldom shoot a compound now that I found the excitement of traditional.

If your eyesight is good enough and your nerves are steady, go for it. My guess is that four of the pins won't get much use though.

Comment

Axcel 7 pin armortech.. High speed option is what I have.

Customized pins. .19 for the first 3, then .10 for the 4. I do 20 - 80... on mine

Option sights are nice, but if you want a movable.. go with a 3 pin slider and save 150 bucks. My opinion of course.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                          Axcel 7 pin armortech.. High speed option is what I have.

Customized pins. .19 for the first 3, then .10 for the 4. I do 20 - 80... on mine

Option sights are nice, but if you want a movable.. go with a 3 pin slider and save 150 bucks. My opinion of course.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank you! Only one really answered the actual question being asked!

Comment

the biggest issue with a 7 or more pin site is that the pins are jammed so close together for most bows that all you really see is a rainbow of color because there are virtually no gaps at all since the pins ride in different tracks..... it is very difficult to get usable pin sets at closer than 15 yards increments, the majority of people who came into my shop had to use 20 yard pin sets( 20,40,60,80, 100) which you can see will get you a 100 yard pin with only 5 pins...

I have used a 7 pin in the past on a much slower bow than I shoot now, and I learned to hate it,,, I switched to a single pin and have never though about multi pins since ( about 17-18 years).. and with my single I can dial in any distance I want to the yard out to 135 yards,,, maybe a bit more but I stopped at 135,,,, my bow stands are set for under 25 yards, so I never have adjusted the site to shoot while hunting ,,

Comment

I've got a 7 and a 8...absolutely love them.

That being said....I live and hunt in Nevada, all my shots tend to be far and unpredictable. Its nice to be able to have the confidence that I can shoot a deer that might spook out of its bed and stop at 70 or when a cow takes the wrong trail and ends up at 80 or whatever.

If I was solely hunting in Texas and had somewhat controlled distances, I'd stick with a 3 or 4 pin.

Comment

Working...
                              X