Speeding ticket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding ticket question

I got a speeding ticket this morning along with a ticket for my registration being expired. This is my first ticket how do I go about it? If I take defensive driving and pay the speeding ticket does that take care of it? As for the registration I'm going to get that taken care of tomorrow, but the LEO said that would get dismissed. Do I have to go to court?

Do defensive driving online while drinking a cold beer and watching tv. Get vehicle registered then take to jurisdiction responsible for ticket and have ticket dismissed as long as it’s within 3 months, I believe that’s the time frame. Either way, registration is needed.

Comment

I think you first have to call and ask the court for permission to take the DD course, when given their ok then proceed to take the DD course.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        I think you first have to call and ask the court for permission to take the DD course, when given their ok then proceed to take the DD course.
        This is what I had to do last time

Comment

What the posters said above. It seems last time I did this, the municipality mailed me the citation along with a form to elect DD and reasons why you would or would not qualify to do so. All I had to do was fill out the form to elect DD and mail back to them. I never showed up there until I had a completed DD certificate and payment for the court fee. It's not like you see a judge, just a lady at the window.

You don't actually pay the ticket though. You actually pay a court processing fee. You also have to pay for whatever DD course you enroll in. Last time I was out around $120...like $90 for the court fee and $30 for the online DD course.

You may could elect to defer, but seriously, just do the DD if you can. It's easy to do on-line and you can take over a period of time. You get a few months, just don't wait till the last minute!

Comment

OMG really?
            do what it tells you to do on the dang ticket.

Comment

Thank you for all of your help (especially meltingfeather )!
              Last edited by TTUBowHunter12; 07-17-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

They really just want your money. Call and see what they require.

Comment

Deferred Adjudication may be another option.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    They really just want your money. Call and see what they require.

Wouldn't be able to take your money if you didn't break the law and get
                    a ticket in the first place!!!!!

Comment

Follow the directions on the ticket.

Comment

Youre in deep doodoo now! Just kidding. Get registration done, take defensive driving, slow down, and go on about your week. I used to be a speed demon, but after couple big$ hits to wallet and seeing a buddy almost die from going roo fast i have just taken a much more proactive approach that has helped me get places better than speeding, 5 minutes early is 10 minutes late. Just leave earlier if you know you have to be somewhere, it is just part of adulting.

Comment

Call and ask for deferred adjudication

Comment

Take deferred, slow down and dont get another ticket for a few months. Oh and get your registration updated and show the court proof. You will still pay a fine to do this, but it wont end up on your record as long as you dont get any more speeding tickets during the deferment period.

Comment

Call the Texas Hammer!

Comment

Working...
                              X