No announcement yet.

Renter eviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of those things that does not affect me but ticks me off to no end.

I can't fathom how the courts can't simply see the renter is not paying the owner and make them leave.

I'd go nuts and do something stupid if I was the owner. It's one thing to get ripped off buying a crap product. It's another to get ripped off not being paid. But it's FAR worse when you can prove to a judge with evidence someone is screwing you and they take the renters side.

How did it get this bad?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I can't fathom how the courts can't simply see the renter is not paying the owner and make them leave.

I'd go nuts and do something stupid if I was the owner. It's one thing to get ripped off buying a crap product. It's another to get ripped off not being paid. But it's FAR worse when you can prove to a judge with evidence someone is screwing you and they take the renters side.

How did it get this bad?

Ya I don’t understand it either. It should be on or with stealing, because that’s essentially what they’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this is why i got rid of my rentals,most trash the houses's'then complain about not getting their deposit back!! takes almost 3 months to get them out and have to get a lawyer involved,so that any profit you make is lost. then if you rent to someone that can pass a credit and background check, they move in all 20 of their extended family. this is in 2 and 3 bedroom places!!

Comment

Takes at least 24 days to evict someone in the State of Texas - and that's if the cooperate

As you have discovered, they have a ton of rights and you have to follow the law

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
            Losers always seem to have too many rights in this country
            Just gets worse every year
            Yep

Originally posted by Calitexembalmer View Post
            ...they know they can get away with doing it, that's why they do it
            And nothing will change, sadly...with no fear of repercussions, why would the sorry idiots worry about becoming a better person?

Comment

When my renters caused problems, the air conditioning unit almost always broke down
              The renters always seemed to get other accommodations especially in the summer time

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                Ya I don’t understand it either. It should be on or with stealing, because that’s essentially what they’re doing.

I don't think payment is the issue. Its the "mood swings" that are getting her kicked out. I get it, and I wouldn't want to live with someone who is crazy as a road lizard. That being said, I understand there being a process for the renters sake in something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

How did it get this bad?
                  Look at the Democratic line up for president and what they stand for. Now you have your answer!!!!!!!

Comment

I have rentals. never had an eviction go longer than 1.5 months. But what did the tenant do to break the lease? If your daughter just wants her out, the payoff is the best way.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      When my renters caused problems, the air conditioning unit almost always broke down
                      The renters always seemed to get other accommodations especially in the summer time

This seems like a great idea to me.

Comment

Read this on a site not too long ago about evictions... may help:

"Financial Encouragement – If the specified date passes or you speak to the previous owners and realize they either cannot or do not intend to vacate, the second option often successful in eviction after foreclosures is to offer them some financial encouragement. I have found that it does not take much money to encourage most tenants to leave a property. Generally, offering to pay for a moving service to an apartment (usually not more than $250 – $500) or to pay a deposit on a new place to live (about the same financial commitment) is enough to encourage the tenants to leave."

Comment

I have payed the deposit for a tenant (directly to new landlord) and moved the possession to the front yard of new place. Half day and done.

Comment

Amazing. There's not many other options to screw someone out of money to their face and then have them pay you money to move along. All while being under a written contract.

Comment

They gave crack head 5 extra days to move, all she had to pay was 10 days of rent for the month and filing fees.
                              I asked if I could change the locks NO if I could arm the alarm they said yes. on Monday afternoon the alarm went off. Wished I would have had cameras set up. Guess she foregot the code.

Comment

Working...
                              X