No announcement yet.

Whataburger Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will soon be rioting in the streets and drive by shootings just like in Chicago!!!
    But seriously, when ever a buyout happens nowadays they try to implement the new penny pinching theory of prosperity by cut backs. I do see change coming but usually affects the employees first.

Comment

Originally posted by texasbbq View Post
      Reading through the posts makes me come to the conclusion that the differences are between those that have actually started a business, managed cash flow and met payrolls and those who have not.
      How can you possibly call yourself an American and NOT be supportive of the Dobson family on this decision?
      Exactly. If you aren't celebrating you definitely haven't started or owned a business.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Sounds like every other time.
        One would think he'd get tired of being wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
          There will soon be rioting in the streets and drive by shootings just like in Chicago!!!
          But seriously, when ever a buyout happens nowadays they try to implement the new penny pinching theory of prosperity by cut backs. I do see change coming but usually affects the employees first.
          ^^^^^^ yep^^^^^

Mary a whataburger employee , who I talk with each Saturday, “ says the only affects she foresee’ Is with short and medium term employees

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
            Anyone like Freddys burgers and custard?
            Burgers are ok at best but I love their ice cream.

Comment

They are not going to touch the menu or any of the recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                Chick fila destroys whatabuger. Hands down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                End result would be more money.
                Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                Oh it would make them money as they would have more customers because of better service and quality of food.
                I worded that completely wrong.

That is upfront money that will cost them. This is an investment group that is going to grow Whataburger nationwide and then more than likely flip Whataburger for a far larger profit. As they are buying Whataburger when there is still massive amounts of growth left in that company.

Long term I do agree there will be a huge benefit from a larger customer base. But I do not think this investment group is going to be thinking longterm like the family owned Chick Fil A.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E34059C6-2DE0-41F5-B877-0C478637E251.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	24583246

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MattPopp View Post
                    Burgers are ok at best but I love their ice cream.
                    Freddy's burgers are great. Imo the main competition for W.

Comment

This won't be good

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        One would think he'd get tired of being wrong.

[emoji1598]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          The folks that chronically love to hang their hat on claiming stuff isn’t like it used to be are licking their chops about right now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwahaha I bet they will tell you it already tastes different

Comment

Originally posted by MattPopp View Post
                            I worded that completely wrong.

That is upfront money that will cost them. This is an investment group that is going to grow Whataburger nationwide and then more than likely flip Whataburger for a far larger profit. As they are buying Whataburger when there is still massive amounts of growth left in that company.

Long term I do agree there will be a huge benefit from a larger customer base. But I do not think this investment group is going to be thinking longterm like the family owned Chick Fil A.
                            My point was they need to work on service and quality. It would pay off huge in the long road. For fast food chick-fil-a is good to great. Where chickfila separates themselves from all others is they have never given me the wrong order and they make the experience a pleasure and fast. Whataburger cant say that.

Comment

I wil always support Whataburger but man this stinks. They have been a big supporter and sponsors of youth and Highschool rodeo in Texas. I have several WW buckles and saddles . They quit youth and Highschool rodeo I quit themClick image for larger version

Name:	353109C8-EEC3-49D3-AFC9-72C87E146B52.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	24583273

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                I wil always support Whataburger but man this stinks. They have been a big supporter and sponsors of youth and Highschool rodeo in Texas. I have several WW buckles and saddles . They quit youth and Highschool rodeo I quit them[ATTACH]960642[/ATTACH]
                                Great looking buckle! Congrats!

Hope new majority owners continue traditions established over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X