Quitting the smokeless habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmy o View Post
    I quit a 35 year habit 1 ago January with tooth picks was the best thing I ever did. Now I have to get my son to give it up.
    I started with Chantix. It was a game changer. I'm still nicotine free after 4-5 years. I go through about 5 toothpicks a day!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

I basically quit cold turkey it was not that hard once I told made up my mind that I was quiting. I had 10 full cans in my center console when I quit and kept a half of can on the dash for 4 months. Now I eat Altoids like they are going out of style.

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
        Brookshire Brothers have it and I think you can order it online. Just google it
        If there are Quik Trips in your area - they carry Smoky Mountain chew

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy o View Post
          I basically quit cold turkey it was not that hard once I told made up my mind that I was quiting. I had 10 full cans in my center console when I quit and kept a half of can on the dash for 4 months. Now I eat Altoids like they are going out of style.
          ...I have to agree that your best chance is when you can get your mind right. After quitting 30 or more times over close to 44 years of dipping I finally got my mind right and quit cold turkey in 2003 and thankfully I am still smokeless tobacco free. Although I still get a occasional craving for the most part I don't even think of it anymore. Personally I don't think using a crutch will help but many have used a crutch and succeeded I wish you luck with whatever method you use Its not easy to do, but it's worth it to be successful

Comment

I’m using Black Buffalo still. Closest thing to Copenhagen long cut. Has pharmaceutical nicotine but no tobacco and non-fermented. Google it.

Comment

good luck. like others have said, you only quit when you decide to. I quit july 21st 2014. I was mowing the yard and emptied a can and just decided I wasn't going to buy anymore. I had not really been thinking about quitting. For some reason, it just happened. My wife and daughter had been on me a little to quit so I guess that was in the back of my mind. I had tried before and actually been successful for over a year once. I started at the age of 11 and quit for good at 44. you can do it if you really want to.

I dont really crave snuff anymore, but a good dip of cope would probably taste really good right now.

Comment

After 30+ years I’m almost two months nicotine free and I’ve done pretty well overall. After fading somewhat, the cravings have come back with a vengeance in the last couple days. I came very close to giving in today. I am realizing how much I used nicotine to deal with stress. The last few days have been a real rough patch stress-wise and all I could think about is how much I’d like to put in a fat dip, sit back and wait for the “ahhhhhh”. I feel like a dang junkie. This too will pass...

Comment

I’m going to try Black Buffalo. I like the taste of cope wintergreen more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    After 30+ years I’m almost two months nicotine free and I’ve done pretty well overall. After fading somewhat, the cravings have come back with a vengeance in the last couple days. I came very close to giving in today. I am realizing how much I used nicotine to deal with stress. The last few days have been a real rough patch stress-wise and all I could think about is how much I’d like to put in a fat dip, sit back and wait for the “ahhhhhh”. I feel like a dang junkie. This too will pass...
                    I dropped it Jan 5th and until yesterday it as much easier than I expected.
                    But today those cravings are gone once again.

Comment

Working...
                    X