Going on my first ever Ice Fishing trip next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluelund79 View Post
    It’s a blast! Before you know it, you’ll have your Frabill ice shack, gas powered auger, Vexilar flasher, and all sorts of stay warm snivel gear. Most of all, enjoy yourself

This.

It's hard for me to find something more addictive than slamming crappie on the ice. You will be fully vested quickly. Have fun!!

Comment

Have fun

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	24523629

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
        What lake?
        Our first trip will be to Tarryall Reservoir. I love it up there. I saw 2 moose there this last spring. Hammered the trout there a few times. Only small pike this past spring but had 2 good ones smack my Bill Dance PopR. Caught some donkey trout on it too.

Comment

Stupid question but how the heck do you know where to set up when ice fishing? Just keep drilling holes till you get a bite?

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
            I miss ice fishing stay warm enjoy the peace and quiet make sure to keep your holes clean good luck
            X2 use to ice fish every year ! I miss it i really do! You can catch some nice fish if you get in the right spot! Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

I went once up in Wisconsin with my cousin.

He and his buddies built a bonfires on the ice, and we sat around our holes in lawn chairs drinking beer.

I was scared out of my mind that the fire was going to make the ice give out for the first 6 beers or so. After that, it got to be more fun.

Next time tho, I wanna fish in a shanty. That wind was cold.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Comment

Get some ice creepers so you don't fall on the ice if you don't have any.

Comment

GPS and mapping

Comment

Originally posted by Benelliguy View Post
                      Get some ice creepers so you don't fall on the ice if you don't have any.
                      They are rubber stretch sole spikes that slip over your boots so you get traction on the ice.
                      Also, don't wear snow camo, If you fall, they won't be able to find you
                      Have fun, not as cold as you think.

Comment

Tried it once . Spent $500 on ice picks and never got the boat down the boat ramp[emoji33]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Wait til you here the ice start cracking at the other end of the lake and come rushing past you. Even when the ice is 12 inches thick it can be unnerving the first time.

Comment

Working...
                          X