Church Shooting Sutherland Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
    "Secondly, you are attempting to deflect your response of caring by saying if you aren't emotional about a five year old" --- hey buddy, if you are going to talk crap about me, which you seem so dead set on doing, then try making complete sentences. You sound uneducated when you try to communicate. You might be, but I'll go ahead and assume you made it through high school English.
    Here, let me explain. My wife is emotional, I am logical. We are both caring. Got it? Now, if you are so educated, why can you not logically understand the difference?

Comment

Thanks Dad - can I have some ice cream now?

How about you find something else to do like go blow it out your ear. So you logically feel nothing but you care a little bit about this but really CARE about trying to put me in my place? I got it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Here, let me explain. My wife is emotional, I am logical. We are both caring. Got it? Now, if you are so educated, why can you not logically understand the difference?
        Exactly. You dont make law or base policy on emotion. It should be based on logic, guided by principles. Only a fool would even consider making law based on emotion.

Comment

I've got multiple PM's yesterday and today about how multiple of you guys have jumped all over other people here. This is an open forum and it sounds like several of you are big into bullying people around on here. If you can't help, don't hurt. How bout that?
          Bullying is something that goes on in schools. I wouldn't call what is going on here bullying although from the in-services I sat in this summer, you are doing just as much "bullying" as they are with all the name calling and cussing. Mostly everyone on TBH is adults and have very vast opinions.

I have the forms for bullying from the State of Texas if yall would like to fill them out.......(insert sarcasm)

Regardless, a law is not going to stop this sort of thing from happening. Felons/ People who shouldn't have guns, will always find a way to get them. This is something deeper than that. Maybe we need to go to a one strike your out for domestic abuse or something. I don't know the answer and am at a lose trying to tell my 2.5 year old that people died at church (she heard the news and is weirdly smart and persistent on asking until she gets a good enough answer)

Comment

I'm not giving up my constitutional rights to protect my family for anyone. We already have "common sense gun laws." What happened here was terrible. Emotion's are high due to the evil that was done in that church. The laws failed on so many levels here. He should still be in prison for what he did to that child. He should have failed the back ground check. He should be at the very least in a psych ward. The govt failed us in all area's. I choose to not put my faith in the govt. If you want to give up your gun's then go ahead and do it. If you think you have any say over what i choose to own than your wrong.

Comment

How about you find something else to do like go blow it out your ear. So you logically feel nothing but you care a little bit about this but really CARE about trying to put me in my place? I got it. Thanks.
              No ice cream for you. You obviously have not learned the lesson at hand.

BTW, if someone isn't emotionally touched by this tragedy, then they are soulless. But to come to an emotional conclusion about how to prevent such a situation by "knee jerk, emotional reactions", such as more gun control, is simply not logical.

Comment

Just read that Mr. Willeford used an AR15 in the shoot out with Devin Kelly.

Comment

You are a cluster of fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Ferguson View Post
                    Just read that Mr. Willeford used an AR15 in the shoot out with Devin Kelly.
                    IF you want to get the story RIGHT and from the proverbial horse's mouth, go back and see the link in Post #380...

That link is to a youtube 37 minute interview with the guy who shot the perp...

Comment

The entire premise of "if you are for _____, you can't possibly care for the children" is an absurd and to be honest, a capitalizing statement. I had a visceral reaction when I heard about this shooting and especially so when I learned of the kids. That doesn't mean I turn off the logical portion of my brain and forge ahead.

It is perfectly okay to conflate the two. I have given several instances which these new laws would have done nothing to curb the incident in any fashion. Again, some of those are:

- Bath School Massacre, 1927

- U.T. Tower Shooting, 1966

- Luby's Massacre, 1991

In those instances, those people did not use AR-15s yet, they made it happen. At the Bath School, he blew it up with children inside. Charles Whitman used two bolt guns, a shotgun and a knife. George Hennard used two handguns. Evil finds a way.

My Mom's cousin was the first responding officer to the Columbine shooting. It went unreported but he and his partner exchanged gunfire with one of the two shooters (I cannot remember which). He did not know, everyone was already dead. He was the one who searched the library first. Never did he blame a gun. He blamed the two psychos who committed the horrible act. Look at what will work and current failings. Constitutional Carry would be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        No ice cream for you. You obviously have not learned the lesson at hand.

BTW, if someone isn't emotionally touched by this tragedy, then they are soulless. But to come to an emotional conclusion about how to prevent such a situation by "knee jerk, emotional reactions", such as more gun control, is simply not logical.
                        So that is my solution, more gun control? I do really do appreciate you thinking this through for me and telling me what my opinion is. How about BETTER gun control - like having the system we have in place work correctly. So sorry - I'm a very very very slow learner. Boy howdy.

Comment

So that is my solution, more gun control? I do really do appreciate you thinking this through for me and telling me what my opinion is. How about BETTER gun control - like having the system we have in place work correctly. So sorry - I'm a very very very slow learner. Boy howdy.

Comment

You mentioned gun control in your original statement yesterday, not me. Having the system work correctly is what should be happening regardless. Calling it BETTER is an oxymoron, considering it already exist.

Comment

Please take the time to watch

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HEchh0XD8&t=1383s"]EXCLUSIVE: Texas Massacre Hero, Stephen Willeford, Describes Stopping Gunman | Louder With Crowder - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Donations for the families:

Let's get together and make it easier for the Holcombe family to recover from the 1… Cristopher Foster needs your support for Church Shooting: Holcombe Family

I'll be donating. If anyone wants to do group matching amount, let me know. I'll put my money out there to help these people. If any of yall want to hate on me some more, I'll gladly meet for a beer in Ft. Worth and listen to your opinion and points of view. From one as_shole to the other - see yall out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X