Need Some Help With My Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Some Help With My Setup

Hey guys, so here is a layout of the 30 ish acres I hunt in Whitney. We are finally starting to see good deer since they neighbors no longer hunt and shoot anything with horns.

Here is the google earth screenshot and ive made a little map. Currently I am set up in a tree stand overlooking my feeder on that pipeline, Im curious if I should move to one of the other locations I circled in yellow, thoughts?

The photo is north up and the pin at the bottom is the house.

I am cool with both neighbors so tracking game on the other side of the fence isn't an issue with them. If this was your land would you change anything?

[/quote]

Looks like a neat place!

I found the best buck movement in mid-October right before the rut, the were still in bachelor groups. Once a freeze occurs Mesquite leaves drop and cover goes down...keep that in mind. Hill County has some nice deer but they seemed to disappear once pressured...my advice hunt early and often in October once bow season opens...

I hunted near the lake off of 933...good luck!

Comment

I would hunt the pond on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        I would hunt the pond on a regular basis.
        The truth behind that pond is I have never seen an animal there during the day, ever. I think they come at night.

Comment

Working...
        X