A SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE OLD SCHOOL TBH’ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE OLD SCHOOL TBH’ers

Without going through the details……..A fellow TBH’er made this great statement yesterday;

Quote;

“I hope we can restore some of that old brotherhood. I honestly believe some people don't, and never will get the true understanding of the community we used to have here.

I for one, would like to know what it is was like back then, and try to gain a sense of the camaraderie that was once shared between fellow TBH’ers.

What are the things that you feel were lost, and what approach do feel is needed to get back to where the TBH once was……

I would like to hear from ALL the Green Screen’s Old School Members….

Is this re-transformation possible? Or are the good times really over for good?

I understand where they are coming from but the site membership is growing in leaps and bounds and with that there will be added points of view and opinions, both good and bad.

I don't always kill animals with my assassin, but when I do I use BLOODRUNNERS!

Comment

Respect for others.

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
        I would like to hear from ALL the Green Screen’s Old School Members….

Is this re-transformation possible? Or are the good times really over for good?
        Been here for a decade. For me the background noise just changes occasionally. TBH is what each person makes of it. Never expect everyone to agree on everything, but instead use common sense and good manners.

Comment

Its kinda like living in a small community out in the country..loses some appeal when the city folk move in. Still alot of good people on here, but with population increase your bound to get more of the bad apples as well. So you either change with it, or move on. No, it will never be the same as it was.

Comment

im not sure if i count as an "old school member" but ive been here awhile, although caused a little stir the first year or so

i would like to see less high fence talk and who cares if its a gun hunter, heck the only guy who used to get ribbed for being a gun hunter was jaspro!! it was like one big family, we would fight and joke around and congratulate each other regardless of the deer or methods used....there was nowhere near the number of people we have now....it was a close group of people....sure i wasnt close to all those guys like some were, but i saw it and know how this place can be....i remember alot of people back then that just quit posting and i actually saw a few post up within the last few days on threads such as this one....there is hope, but it will take some work....

but most of all............

we need tnik back!!

heck i dont see cameron or his dad post as much anymore, and while me and cameron have had our ins and outs he did bring alot to this forum, just another example of things lost..and i am truly sorry for the way i acted back then....

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
              Been here for a decade. For me the background noise just changes occasionally. TBH is what each person makes of it. Never expect everyone to agree on everything, but instead use common sense and good manners.
              Thanks Matt, common sense & good manners, indeed..

Comment

Been here a while myself, not from the beginning but definitely from back in the Velvet Elvis day's. It was a different forum back then, what we need to do is police the rank's, get rid of the continual troublemaker's. Im not talking about a few sly, distasteful remark's, were all gonna falter from time to time, but the argumentative, pesky pessimistic folk's. Thank you, have a great day....Im done now.

Comment

it all went to crap when the Velvet Elvis went away!!!

That mindset is what made this site grow. Now sometimes it seems like folks migrate here from other forums and bring the smack talking, I know better than you, my way is right your way is crap, internet bullying mentality with them. The old posters do what comes natural..walk away from the BS and go on living life without all the drama.

There were a LOT less infractions and cooler time back then too. And no one had to start a thread by saying "If you don't like what I do, then don't comment".

One other thought about something.. since starting the Supporting Member thing, sometimes people think since they paid for something they should be allowed to say or do anything they want. I don't think it was intended that way, but it happens like that sometimes.
                  Last edited by bowhuntntxn; 11-08-2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I originally signed up in 1999. I'll tell you from my perspective what has changed. It used to be primarily all hunting/fishing related. None of the "Rants", none of the "what did you eat for breakfast?", none of the pages of non related hunting threads that you see on here daily. It was a "brother hood" then. Genuine folks, interested in a bow hunting forum. I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, but this forum now seems to be about 1 step away from that kind of social networking thing. Also, people would use the "Search" function on the menu before asking the very same question that is already on 2 or 3 threads on the first page! Too many absolutely useless questions and comments. Hey, what do I know. I'm probably too old to be on here anyway. Can't wait to see the "what kind of TP to use?" question again. If you're curious, use the "search" function.

Comment

I'm not really old school I guess but I've been around a while. What it used to be was you could ask a question and get the answer you're looking for... I.E. "I just bought my first Leupold and I'm so pumped!!! I'm having trouble focusing the reticle any ideas?" Back then: "Congrats on the new scope they're a very trusted name in optics and their warranty is second to none. There is a focus on the left side for different yardages to focus the reticle. It's a good ideah to have it set at the distance you think deer will come out and adjust it as needed"

Today: "Should've bought a Vortex", "Really??? You can't figure it out on your own?! I don't wanna be in the woods with you", "Vortex is garbage!!! I love my Swarovski z5 it's awesome!", "Why are we talking about scopes isn't this a bow hunting site", "Useful information here", "Will you be hunting over a feeder or behind a high fence??"

There was some friendly ribbing between guys that had known each other forever that I think people eventually saw and took it as the way things were... There's my $.02 and it would be nice if it was the same bit it isn't. All things considered this is still hands down the best sight on the net!

Comment

You can go to a small private school where you recognize most all the faces (even if you don't know them personally) or you can go to the large state shcool where you rarely ever recognize anyone when you walk across the campus.

Both schools offer value but sometimes sheer size of enrollment makes a sense of community difficult. Aggies do a pretty good job of it on a large scale and I think it's no coincidence that there are strong Aggie ties here.

We can always strive to improve but I don't think we can go back to the tight community we had. We are just too big for that. Howerver, we have evolved into a powerful support system that covers the state and beyond. This is a very important fact that should not be overlooked because in terms of support, the site is actually better now than it was before.

Growth does present challenges, but the formula still works.

Comment

I've been around awhile (never banned or in time out either) and I think basically the difference is in the number of members. I think the original driving interest was bowhunting and bowhunting related discussions. Much more then that today, some good, some bad. Still a great place and the best of Texas's good ole boys are on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                            You can go to a small private school where you recognize most all the faces (even if you don't know them personally) or you can go to the large state shcool where you rarely ever recognize anyone when you walk across the campus.

Both schools offer value but sometimes sheer size of enrollment makes a sense of community difficult. Aggies do a pretty good job of it on a large scale and I think it's no coincidence that there are strong Aggie ties here.

We can always strive to improve but I don't think we can go back to the tight community we had. We are just too big for that. Howerver, we have evolved into a powerful support system that covers the state and beyond. This is a very important fact that should not be overlooked because in terms of support, the site is actually better now than it was before.

Growth does present challenges, but the formula still works.
                            Very true, this is still the best place on the web!

Comment

The "community/family" itself hasn't changed. It's just gotten larger. There's just as many really fine down to earth people on here as there ever was, more in fact. There's a lot of folks on here that would give you the shirt off their back. There's just more static on here than there was before. Pretty much unavoidable when you put this many folks together in any environment, especially an internet forum. As far as the "old timers" not posting anymore because of the way things have changed..well shame on you if you fall into that category. You help make something great, it's kinda up to you to help keep it great. Quality folks sitting on the sidelines does not work. Like I said before, just a little more static on here than there used to be. Ignore the static, cause the "music" is still pretty darn good around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X