13/14 Ducks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    The boys and I have been whacking them on the coastal prairie. [ATTACH]588216[/ATTACH][ATTACH]588219[/ATTACH][ATTACH]588222[/ATTACH][ATTACH]588225[/ATTACH][ATTACH]588227[/ATTACH][ATTACH]588228[/ATTACH]
    What a beautiful Blue winged teal!! I am Jealous!

Comment

We have had banner hunts this year. I think the freeze up north has pushed more ducks to East Texas than in years past.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389364392.663673.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	24277680Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389364422.745691.jpg
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	24277681Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389364443.695864.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	24277682

Comment

I have had the best year ever in Leon Co... More Wood Ducks then I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
          What a beautiful Blue winged teal!! I am Jealous!

X2 we never get them when there dressed out like that. That one would've went straight to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
            [ATTACH][ATTACH]588172[/ATTACH][/ATTACH] first Spoonie, [ATTACH]588173[/ATTACH]
            Good for you.

Not sure I'd be posting pictures of dead Ducks and bags of corn.

Not implying anything just saying.

Comment

We put a hurtin' on some divers this year but it has been very up & down the last month or so.
              Attached Files

Comment

Its had its ups and downs. The birds have just not been consistent, especially being limited to public land. But when we got on them, we hammered them.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                  Good for you.

Not sure I'd be posting pictures of dead Ducks and bags of corn.

Not implying anything just saying.
                  Cattle and pig and alpaca feed, if a GW wants to check me for anything, I would invite him in with open arms.

Comment

Our hunts we pretty steady all year long down on the coast. Lots of good hunts and a few bad ones.

Comment

Headed out later today to chase some ducks around Rockport. I think I have found them, but we will see how this weekend shakes out. I think the redfishing will be hot if nothing else!

Comment

I'm going out tomorrow. We had good success the first season, but after that ice storm went through it's been a lot harder with less birds around. Haven't been out in a couple weeks now though so I hope that last front pushed more down.

Comment

Overall it has been a pretty good season. With all the rain this season it spread out the ducks around here. A lot of flooded timber and pastures for them to go to made it tough to find them sometimes. One thing I have noticed this year is that the Gadwall have disappeared. Last year we killed around 200 Gadwall but this year maybe 20. I get to hunt Sat, Sun, and Mon, in a new spot that was covered up in Teal last Friday so I am hoping this last front didn't push them out.

Comment

The two good trips I have gone on this year.
                            Attached Files

Comment

13/14 Ducks!

I had a good first split! Second split has sucked for me!

Comment

It's been a weird year for us. Nothing but Gaddy's in northeast TX with a few scaup and spoonies mixed in. We usually don't see many of those where we hunt. No ringnecks or greenheads or woodies or hoodies, which is what we usually get. Then on the coast we've only gotten redheads with a couple of spoonies and black ducks mixed in. Haven't seen a pintail, gaddy or widgeon the last four trips to the coast. Which is weird. Hunting a different spot this weekend which is supposed to be holding the pins.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X