Ram 2500 lift and wheels ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram 2500 lift and wheels ???

Just got my Rough Country leveling kit and other goodies in. Wanting wheels with a back spacing that doesn’t come out to far from the brush guard. Any pics or suggestions for back spacing, type, and color of wheels? Here’s a pic of my currently stock truck.

A buddy of mine owns a tires shop and he said that a lot of the wheels backspacing varies with each wheel design unless you go for those deep wheels. I was worried because those are all pretty big negative backspace wheels and the ones he got me where actually a +1 i believe but they gave me that just enough outside look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
      A buddy of mine owns a tires shop and he said that a lot of the wheels backspacing varies with each wheel design unless you go for those deep wheels. I was worried because those are all pretty big negative backspace wheels and the ones he got me where actually a +1 i believe but they gave me that just enough outside look.

Like the gun metal color! I'm going to stop at a tire shop and get some info but figured I'd ask here as well. I'm waiting until deer season to install the lift, wheels, and tires so I have plenty of time to find some. Wanting to stay under 20" wheels, I like the ride with more tire between the wheel and road.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
        Like the gun metal color! I'm going to stop at a tire shop and get some info but figured I'd ask here as well. I'm waiting until deer season to install the lift, wheels, and tires so I have plenty of time to find some. Wanting to stay under 20" wheels, I like the ride with more tire between the wheel and road.

My only regret was going with a 20” wheel vs an 18” because i like more rubber as well. If ya need any advice shoot me a pm and i can get you Tims number

Comment

If you want your wheel out to your brush guard, you’re looking at -12 probably.

Custom offsets has a great gallery you can use to compare.

If you go -12 you’ll have to cut the tire size down some from what you can run with +18-20 or even a 0 offset. Either that or trim the fender plastic or flare.

If you go with +18-20 you can run 35x12.50 with no real rubbing to deal with.

0 offset. 295/65 20 or 295/60 18

-12, probably a 33x12.50 without having to cut up your wheel liner or flare.

Also, those recommendations are on a typical 9 wide wheel.
          Last edited by 12RingKing; 08-16-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

A couple examples of 35x12.50 on 0 and +18
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
              Just got my Rough Country leveling kit and other goodies in. Wanting wheels with a back spacing that doesn’t come out to far from the brush guard. Any pics or suggestions for back spacing, type, and color of wheels? Here’s a pic of my currently stock truck.

**** man that is one hell of a ride!!

Comment

If you want my recommendation. I’d do the 0 offset with 295’s. Especially since you’re leveling because you will lose a little room

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post

If you go -12 you’ll have to cut the tire size down some from what you can run with +18-20 or even a 0 offset. Either that or trim the fender plastic or flare.

Agree - I have +18 on mine, running 35x12.5. Leveling kit. Had to trim the mud flap.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pretty sure mine are -12, but they may not be that much. 3 inch level and they don’t rub with 33”s.

Last edited by KDinTX; 08-16-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the info gentlemen!

Comment

call up Jeff Teague at Kent's tire in Wichita Falls. He is a friend of mine, and should be able to hook you up. 940-782-1142.

Comment

285/75r18, basically a 35x11.50, with a 18x9 +20 offset wheel on mine

Comment

Originally posted by djo51 View Post
                            285/75r18, basically a 35x11.50, with a 18x9 +20 offset wheel on mine
                            We have the same antenna! Lol

Nice truck. Real clean looking de-badged with your wheel setup

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post

Should be 295/70 18 not 60. My bad

Comment

Working...
                              X