Originally posted by enewman View Post
      Ok I shot th3 33% foc arrow. It weight was 753 gn. Momentum was .721

Heck yeah!
      Your new arrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        Heck yeah!
        Your new arrow?
        Not that one. To much. I did that just to see how much weight to get above 30% foc.

I'm figuring around the 540 range when I'm done

Comment

Ok I shot th3 33% foc arrow. It weight was 753 gn. Momentum was .721
          What does IBO-397 refer to.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
            What does IBO-397 refer to.

Hope this helps explain it better than I can

Comment

http://www.huntersfriend.com/_help_p...hatsthis11.htm

Hope this helps explain it better than I can
              I'm pretty sure I grasp what IBO means.
              I was referring to the 397 number.
              I was unaware of a bow that had an IBO of 397 fps.
              If this 397 was used to calculate the end result, it might be wrong.

Comment

All that ibo shows is how efficient. The bow is getting as the weight goes up.

My bow ibo is 360. So if I use that ibo number. With the other info it calculates the arrow speed to be 178 fps. When I shot it. It shot 215. So you adjust the ibo setting to get to actual speed of the bow. So now it gives a ibo of 397. This is just to show the gain the bow is doing as weight goes up.

The 215 fps was not calculated. But is the actual fps of that arrow in my bow.
                Last edited by enewman; 02-07-2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Let's talk about on line calculators. They are just a tool. If gives you the speed of a bow if the bow shows its actual ibo. My bow is 360 ibo. So when I calculate that with an ibo arrow it shows the bow should shoot 321 fps. It does not. It shoots around 314. So I can adjust the ibo number till the speed matches the actual speed. Then it shows my bow ibo 353. So it shows my bow to be running 8 ft slow

Then I shoot other arrows going up in weight. What I find for my bow. Once I get to a 542 gn arrow my bow is now reached 361. What this is telling me that my bow is low on Ibo and is gaining Efficiency as the arrow weight goes up.

Not all cams react the same. Binari cams don't seem to gain. They do best at ibo. But again this is all in the design of the cam.

Comment

All that ibo shows is how efficient. The bow is getting as the weight goes up.

My bow ibo is 360. So if I use that ibo number. With the other info it calculates the arrow speed to be 178 fps. When I shot it. It shot 215. So you adjust the ibo setting to get to actual speed of the bow. So now it gives a ibo of 397. This is just to show the gain the bow is doing as weight goes up.

The 215 fps was not calculated. But is the actual fps of that arrow in my bow.
                    Let's talk about on line calculators. They are just a tool. If gives you the speed of a bow if the bow shows its actual ibo. My bow is 360 ibo. So when I calculate that with an ibo arrow it shows the bow should shoot 321 fps. It does not. It shoots around 314. So I can adjust the ibo number till the speed matches the actual speed. Then it shows my bow ibo 353. So it shows my bow to be running 8 ft slow

Then I shoot other arrows going up in weight. What I find for my bow. Once I get to a 542 gn arrow my bow is now reached 361. What this is telling me that my bow is low on Ibo and is gaining Efficiency as the arrow weight goes up.

Not all cams react the same. Binari cams don't seem to gain. They do best at ibo. But again this is all in the design of the cam.
                    So the calculator is extrapolating backwards from that arrow at 215 fps to achieve a 397 fps IBO?
                    And in reality the bow doesn't get to the advertised IBO with an IBO arrow?
                    I hope I'm following you correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      So the calculator is extrapolating backwards from that arrow at 215 fps to achieve a 397 fps IBO?
                      And in reality the bow doesn't get to the advertised IBO with an IBO arrow?
                      I hope I'm following you correctly.
                      Yes you are.

But what you do see is how effeicent the mr series cams are with the weight.

The d350 with the overdrive cams seem to do good with heavy arrows.

I have seen very few bows hit ibo. One of the worse I've seen was the rpm360. Down fall was it was one of the best drawing bows I've shot.

Now I'm seeing the hoyt nitrum 34 hitting ibo but the turbo is not.

The new obsesion bows are dead on with ibo arrow. But start loosing at around 450 gn arrow.

I would consider my bow good at only 8 from ibo. Considering the way mathews rates there bows.

I will also tell you. With an arrow above 500 gn and at my draw of 26.5 I have not shot nor seen any bows with reviews are post.that have out performs mr series at my specs. I am waiting to see some results from the apa m5 from a guy in Arizona.

Comment

Newman the turbos hitting 8 fps faster than rated with proper tuning. On the # 2 e slot cam

Comment

Yes you are.

But what you do see is how effeicent the mr series cams are with the weight.

The d350 with the overdrive cams seem to do good with heavy arrows.

I have seen very few bows hit ibo. One of the worse I've seen was the rpm360. Down fall was it was one of the best drawing bows I've shot.

Now I'm seeing the hoyt nitrum 34 hitting ibo but the turbo is not.

The new obsesion bows are dead on with ibo arrow. But start loosing at around 450 gn arrow.

I would consider my bow good at only 8 from ibo. Considering the way mathews rates there bows.

I will also tell you. With an arrow above 500 gn and at my draw of 26.5 I have not shot nor seen any bows with reviews are post.that have out performs mr series at my specs. I am waiting to see some results from the apa m5 from a guy in Arizona.

Do you have any experience with the Strother Moxie and the Badger cam gaining efficiency as the weight goes up

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                            Newman the turbos hitting 8 fps faster than rated with proper tuning. On the # 2 e slot cam
                            so I. Guessing it depends on the cam. It does always seem the hoyt does better at that 28 in with number 2 cam.

I'll see if I can find where I saw the results between the two bows

Comment

Do you have any experience with the Strother Moxie and the Badger cam gaining efficiency as the weight goes up
                              Sorry not at all. In our area we only have the mathews,bowtech, pse, and hoyt.

So that is all I get today with

Comment

so I. Guessing it depends on the cam. It does always seem the hoyt does better at that 28 in with number 2 cam.

I'll see if I can find where I saw the results between the two bows
                                To me that's all that matters

Comment

Working...
                                X