Pig Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig Pipes

If you have used one, post up success and/or any TC pics you may have. I went to Home Depot and picked up the supplies to build two of them. I started at 11:15 p.m. and finished within 30 minutes. It's five feet long and I stuck some old marbles in the upped end and put on an end cap. I drilled six holes instead of four holes and can't wait to get out and set it up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373865315.777658.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	24974746

I would like to hear more about this... Subscribed.

Comment

I have used them, only issue I had with them was that there was no way to control the timing when they showed up. The T/C would catch pics of them at all hours. Pretty neat, cheap way to go tho. Good luck.

Comment

Hmmmm,never heard of this. What's their purpose?

Comment

yes, tell us about this, never heard of it

Comment

Fill with corn, anchor down, attach or insert something to assist with "noise making", locate it close enough to your camp, stand, road, etc. so you can hear the hogs rolling it around trying to get corn to fall out of the holes, sneak up to the area with the wind in your face and choose one of the following:

1. Ka-BOOM
            2. Thwack
            3. Click/Flash (photo)
            4. "Honey, look at all the cute piggies"
            5. Pull pin, milk the grenade, throw, duck

Comment

lol pretty good idea

Comment

I take 5 chew haha

Comment

I put one behind my house a month or two ago. I put it by a tank that the pigs were hitting. They found the pipe at 11pm and the same hogs stayed till 7am until it was all gone. I put corn and a little hog wild in mine.

Comment

Hmmmm,pigmaniacs, ok, Let the good times ROLL. Heheh.

Comment

I have two at the ranch and they will empty them quick once they find them. If they somehow get them un attached from whatever you have them hooked to they will take them a ways off and then you have to go find them so make sure your attachment is good.

Comment

I have used something similar in S Texas with some success.....we used a 5 gallon Ozarka type dispense bottle, filled it about 1/3 of the way with corn, capped it, drilled holes in it just big enough for corn to come out, and tied it off to a T-Post in the ground and wrapped an old water hose around the rope so it didnt tear the rope up and it moved easily. As soon as the pig touches it, you can hear it go off, and they push it around getting the corn to come out and to tell you the truth it worked great

Comment

Deer like it too
                          Attached Files

Comment

I use them too and they work great for Wt or axis deer or hogs. You can control the amount it disperses at a time by how many and where you strategically place the holes. We have used deer corn and deer nuggets and they both work great for ours.

I place mine in my alternate shooting lane away from my feeder and it has worked well to get the axis in to it because some of the axis are more reluctant to come to a feeder but they will come to the pipe feeder rolling around on the ground.

It also makes for great entertainment to watch them bump it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
                              I use them too and they work great for Wt or axis deer or hogs. You can control the amount it disperses at a time by how many and where you strategically place the holes. We have used deer corn and deer nuggets and they both work great for ours.

I place mine in my alternate shooting lane away from my feeder and it has worked well to get the axis in to it because some of the axis are more reluctant to come to a feeder but they will come to the pipe feeder rolling around on the ground.

It also makes for great entertainment to watch them bump it.
                              Forgot to mention probably the most important part...Remember to attach a cable so you can attach it to a tree, an anchored feeder leg, or a ground anchor of some kind.
                              Last edited by Bowtechlady; 07-15-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X