Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Default Wear Levis ?

I've known this for years, and thus have been a Wrangler guy for years, but they have finally came out of the closet. I'm not advocating a boycott, let your conscience be your guide.......
Attached Images

Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 07:54 AM   #2
twosixteens
Ten Point

Hunt In: Young County Mostly

Not since high school when they were cool
twosixteens is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

I am an old navy guy and a wrangler guy. Progressives have the silver spoon mentality and believe they are better than us mere bottom dwellers they call consumers.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #4
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Toyota sponsors the NFL = Supports flag kneelers = Supports Kaperdick = Hates cops
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #5
125Dad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke Co.

I have a couple pair that I wear on occasion.
125Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
MQ32Shooter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cisco, Texas

Only Cinch and Wranglers for me. Another sissy company comes out of the woodwork.
MQ32Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:26 AM   #7
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

No but I'm not suprised. I've pretty much decided if there was ever a time when I decided to stop buying products because the company is ran by a bunch of anti-American,anti-gun or push transgender or dudes kissing other dudes on the mouth to be excepted I probably wouldn't buy very many things. I'd drink tap water and stay home and play with myself for fear of using something some dumbass put on the market for people to buy. The world is full of them and I except it. Well I don't except it I pretty much just ignore it and live my life. I tolerate it.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:31 AM   #8
softpoint
Six Point

Hunt In: anywhere I'm allowed

I haven't bought any of their products for over 30 years because of their politics. Anti American companies don't need my financial support. I'll do without a lot of of their products before I do without my freedom.
softpoint is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:33 AM   #9
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Free advertising for them.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:46 AM   #10
myway
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kent county

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Toyota sponsors the NFL = Supports flag kneelers = Supports Kaperdick = Hates cops
Like a moth to flame. I will just leave this here.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...eling-petition
Oh I am wearing a pair of Levi’s and love some bud light. Don’t sweat the petty things. It’s a pair of britches.

And add this.
https://www.nflpa.com/players/partners-sponsors

Last edited by myway; 09-07-2018 at 08:51 AM.
myway is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #11
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by myway View Post
Oh I am wearing a pair of Levi’s and love some bud light. Don’t sweat the petty things. It’s a pair of britches.

And add this.
I get your point, but it's a pair I can do without. I do drive a Ford though, but since it's the ONLY TRUCK made, I'm sorta hamstrung there........
Old 09-07-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
Worksalot
Ten Point

Hunt In: The woods

For people who do more than sit and walk in a pair of jeans, Levi jeans do not hold up. Pitiful quality or the lack there of. They are a brand name of clothes that long ago may have been durable. Not anymore. There was a particular year that they started making jeans thinner. Some may not have noticed.

If the rugged men who worked in mining operations and originally wore what were then known as durable jeans could only see the sissification of what has become Levi Strauss.

Last edited by Worksalot; 09-07-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #13
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tps7742 View Post
Free advertising for them.
This. They know more about there customers than anyone.
9452772 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #14
White Falcon
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Tx. and Anywhere I can!

I like Landsend.
White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:34 PM   #15
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

It's the only kind I can wear because the crotch is a lot bigger
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:34 PM   #16
Pstraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Front yard or back yard

And Levi's has put mega big bucks into the pro-abortion cause as well as funding every homosexual cause that has come along for the past 40 yrs.
Pstraw is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #17
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
No but I'm not suprised. I've pretty much decided if there was ever a time when I decided to stop buying products because the company is ran by a bunch of anti-American,anti-gun or push transgender or dudes kissing other dudes on the mouth to be excepted I probably wouldn't buy very many things. I'd drink tap water and stay home and play with myself for fear of using something some dumbass put on the market for people to buy. The world is full of them and I except it. Well I don't except it I pretty much just ignore it and live my life. I tolerate it.
https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...1&d=1536342020
Attached Images

tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #18
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpack View Post
If I stood against every company that supports something I don't I wouldn't have anything. I could write a book on companies I shouldn't buy from,t.v.channels I shouldn't watch,actors I shouldn't watch, musicians I shouldn't listen to,people I shouldn't support at all for some reason or another....I don't know how a person keeps up with boycotting all of this stuff.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #19
Worksalot
Ten Point

There’s a good reason he changed the words and added Wranglers to the words in place of Levi’s. And I applaud him for doing so. He wrote the song after all.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:09 PM   #20
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
If I stood against every company that supports something I don't I wouldn't have anything. I could write a book on companies I shouldn't buy from,t.v.channels I shouldn't watch,actors I shouldn't watch, musicians I shouldn't listen to,people I shouldn't support at all for some reason or another....I don't know how a person keeps up with boycotting all of this stuff.

I get your point and I agree that you can`t boycott everything, and you shouldn`t. But the ones that go out of their way to make a public statement against something I feel strongly about get put at the top of the "Don`t buy, watch, listen or support in any way" list. That's how I roll !!
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 03:15 PM   #21
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
I get your point and I agree that you can`t boycott everything, and you shouldn`t. But the ones that go out of their way to make a public statement against something I feel strongly about get put at the top of the "Don`t buy, watch, listen or support in any way" list. That's how I roll !!
Bingo. My list is long and doesnt change with the years.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #22
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Quote:
This! These people are truly our enemies. They want to take our rights away and I sure ain't gonna help them.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #23
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Bingo. My list is long and doesnt change with the years.
Mine too. I'm sure I'm unaware of many actors and corporations that have ideas and ideology that clashes with mine, but when they put it on display they make the list. Sports "stars" I don't have to worry about, because I never watch or keep up with them. Corporate decisions are made in light of profits. If those profits change, they might just change their decisions. I ain't holding my breath though.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #24
kruppa24
Ten Point

Hunt In: Concho

Never wore them before, dang shore wont now.
kruppa24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #25
Storm
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lake Whitney

I havent had a pair of Levis in over 45 years, so how can i boycott them?
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #26
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:

And add this.

So folks openly trying to infringe on a Constitutional right is a “petty” thing?

Why would anyone willingly support people who do that?

Quote:
This republic was not established by cowards; and cowards will not preserve it.
- elmer_davis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #27
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

Think I have one pair left somewhere

They probably don't even fit

Cinch and Wranglers
BTLowry is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:11 PM   #28
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Levi’s are made from cheap material.
I once was operating a skeet machine at a fun shoot at my buddy’s ranch. I squatted down to load up the machine and something felt funny... I guess you could say breezy. Well my boys busted out the crotch area and were hanging on the outside my pants. Really embarrassing and last time I ever wore Levi’s.
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:14 PM   #29
WTucker
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mauriceville

Levi’s are overpriced, crappy jeans anyway. Not even comfortable to me.
WTucker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #30
Worksalot
Ten Point

The Origin of Levi’s Denim Blue Jeans

The great father of blue jeans, Levi Strauss (February 26, 1829 – September 26, 1902) was a German-born American entrepreneur, Jewish by birth.

Loeb Strauss (he liked the name “Levi Strauss”) was born in Buttenheim in Franconia, Bavaria in 1829. The 18-year-old German immigrant left for New York City together with his family in 1847. There he worked hard with his older brothers Jonas and Louis Loeb in their family dry goods business called “J.Strauss Brothers & Co”.

In 1853, Strauss went to sensational San Francisco looking for his fortune and big money. It was the high peak of the California Gold Rush that started in 1848. Most of the risky prospectors of gold mining in northern California became bankrupts and only few of them were lucky to grow rich. Levi Strauss became famous and wealthy. He was one of the wise moneymakers who provided goods and services to the miners of California.

Firstly he initiated a dry goods wholesale house under his own name. “Levi Strauss & Co” used to import different dry goods – clothes, handkerchieves, rolls of fabric and so on.

The story of the blue jeans goes that both prospectors and miners were often complaining about the easily torn cotton trousers and pockets, that’s why the practical Levi decided to make solid overall pants for the miners and other workers to wear. Levi Strauss was sure that his “waist overalls” (the old name for jeans) would become very popular with miners, ranchers and farmers for their close-to-the-ground line of work. Strauss opened a “wonderful pants of Levi’s” factory in San Francisco. These hard-wearing overalls were fashioned by Levi from a sturdy fabric called serge, made in Nimes, France. Originally called serge de Nimes, the fabric later became known as ‘denim’.

Another story tells that Levi began adding copper rivets at the stress points in his overalls and changed canvas to a heavy blue denim material called genes in France, which became “jeans” in America.

Nevada tailor, Jacob Davis suggested that Levi pay the fee and share the patent of his overalls’ improvement. Davis was one of Levi’s constant customers who purchased rolls of cloth from the company for his own business, Davis could not afford the $81 needed to apply for a patent. Therefore Davis shared with Levi the way he made pants for his customers: by riveting at the points of strain—pocket corners and on the base of the fly.

On May 20, 1873, Strauss and Jacob Davis received US patent № 139121 for the riveting process to strengthen the pockets of denim work pants. This date is now considered the official birthday of “blue jeans.” And in 2003 “Levi Strauss & Co” celebrated the 130 anniversary of the invention of “blue jeans” by Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis.

The successful clothing business wasn’t the only sphere of public life for Strauss. He served as a director of an insurance company, a utility company member, a Jewish community leader, and a contributor to the Pacific Hebrew Orphan Asylum and Home, the Hebrew Board of Relief, San Francisco’s Temple Emanu-el Sisterhood, the University of California and other civic and cultural institutions. He participated in various charitable organizations and helped to fund the gold medal awarded each year to the temple’s best Sabbath School student. Even as his company and fame grew in size, Strauss insisted that his employees and relatives call him Levi, not Mr. Strauss.

Levi Strauss died peacefully at home on September 26, 1902, at the age of 73. The City of San Francisco declared that day a business holiday so that everybody could attend the funeral at Temple Emanu-el. He left his flourishing business to the four nephews—Jacob, Louis, Abraham and Sigmund Stern – and other family members. He was never married. The family has maintained Levi’s philanthropic practices.

Levi’s Denim Blue Jeans are a world-recognizable trademark and best-known emblem of the American Western lifestyle due to the high quality production and grand name of the overalls inventor. Today the legendary company Levi Strauss founded, remains one of the nation’s leading apparel manufacturers. In 2003 “Levi Strauss & Co” celebrated the 150 anniversary of its founding.

IF MR STRAUSS COULD ONLY SEE THE COMPANY NOW, I’D IMAGINE HE’D PUKE.

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...a-c202523.html

Last edited by Worksalot; 09-07-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #31
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Stop beating around the bush. Are we boycotting?
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 09:39 PM   #32
cabo390
Four Point

http://www.texasjeans.com/
cabo390 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 10:01 PM   #33
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedgoat View Post
I am an old navy guy and a wrangler guy. Progressives have the silver spoon mentality and believe they are better than us mere bottom dwellers they call consumers.
I was thinking you were Army.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #34
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Well, that does it. We all need to shut down our computers and quit logging into TBH. Microsoft is on the list of sponsors! I've enjoyed visiting with you guys and girls over the years. Perhaps we can meet up again someday.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #35
myway
Ten Point

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
So folks openly trying to infringe on a Constitutional right is a “petty” thing?

Why would anyone willingly support people who do that?

So I am a coward because I am going to purchase a pair of jeans? Over think it much? Wouldn’t you say my voice would be much more clearly heard in a voters booth? If I went through the day concerned with everyone’s political or social stance that would make for a hell of a long day. I make an effort to support small local business but I am certain some of them have different views as well. That’s the way world works. There are many many companies that have opposing views of you and I that we purchase from and are unaware of. You can’t boycott everything.
Your mind would be blown if you knew Fruit of the Looms stance on things.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:49 AM   #36
Matt_C
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

It's a marketing ploy to the age group who buy the jeans. Nothing more nothing less. It's all about the dollar.
Matt_C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #37
Mike D
Pope & Young

Quote:
So I am a coward because I am going to purchase a pair of jeans? Over think it much? Wouldn’t you say my voice would be much more clearly heard in a voters booth? If I went through the day concerned with everyone’s political or social stance that would make for a hell of a long day. I make an effort to support small local business but I am certain some of them have different views as well. That’s the way world works. There are many many companies that have opposing views of you and I that we purchase from and are unaware of. You can’t boycott everything.

Your mind would be blown if you knew Fruit of the Looms stance on things.

IMO anyone that knowingly supports anyone or any organization that blatantly wants to infringe on constitutionally guaranteed rights is no friend of the republic. How is the voter’s booth going to keep Levi’s, who has way more lobby money than any of us going to make a difference?

Some things are tolerable, I don’t like them but they aren’t openly trying to circumvent a right.

But I will sure vote with my wallet against these companies that do stuff like that.

And I guess it’s a good thing I don’t wear fruit of the loom either then.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #38
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

My fruit don't go in their loom !
Old 09-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #39
myway
Ten Point

Quote:
IMO anyone that knowingly supports anyone or any organization that blatantly wants to infringe on constitutionally guaranteed rights is no friend of the republic. How is the voter’s booth going to keep Levi’s, who has way more lobby money than any of us going to make a difference?

Some things are tolerable, I don’t like them but they aren’t openly trying to circumvent a right.

But I will sure vote with my wallet against these companies that do stuff like that.

And I guess it’s a good thing I don’t wear fruit of the loom either then.

That trip to the grocery store has to be a *****. Out of curiosity who is all on that list in case you change my perspective? I am not going out of my way to support anyone other than local/ small business. If there is something I need I buy it and I am not going to over think it. Again my point is there will be different opinions across the board ..religion, politics, trucks .. it happens. I personally will not go through the brain damage.
For the record the FTL comment was a lame joke but you did not bite. They support fruits. I suspect we agree on most but to be overly concerned where I purchase food or clothes seems to be over the top. How many boycott threads are running on TBH at the moment?
Old 09-09-2018, 07:08 PM   #40
Mike D
Pope & Young

Default Wear Levis ?

Quote:
That trip to the grocery store has to be a *****. Out of curiosity who is all on that list in case you change my perspective? I am not going out of my way to support anyone other than local/ small business. If there is something I need I buy it and I am not going to over think it. Again my point is there will be different opinions across the board ..religion, politics, trucks .. it happens. I personally will not go through the brain damage.

For the record the FTL comment was a lame joke but you did not bite. They support fruits. I suspect we agree on most but to be overly concerned where I purchase food or clothes seems to be over the top. How many boycott threads are running on TBH at the moment?

I don’t keep a list. I liken these companies to athletes and actors. I DGAF about your political leanings or opinions. STFU and entertain me. Same with all these other companies. STFU about your political opinion and make clothes or whatever other goods it is that you’re peddling.

But if you feel like airing your whacked out position I’ll sure go out of my way to avoid doing business with you.

Last edited by Mike D; 09-09-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #41
Mike D
Pope & Young

Default Wear Levis ?

Old 09-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #42
HDWRENCH
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cisco, San Juan

Nope old news really just getting worse. Threw mine away years ago
HDWRENCH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #43
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Oh wow...…...boycott in order...….or somethin!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #44
GA Bowhunter
Six Point

Hunt In: Tree/blind/ground

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Don't feed the mouth that bites you. Pretty simple for me.
GA Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 09:12 PM   #45
Worksalot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Don't feed the mouth that bites you. Pretty simple for me.
I just simply don’t want to be bitten.

Unless it’s by a certain stunning gal.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #46
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
I don’t keep a list. I liken these companies to athletes and actors. I DGAF about your political leanings or opinions. STFU and entertain me. Same with all these other companies. STFU about your political opinion and make clothes or whatever other goods it is that you’re peddling.

But if you feel like airing your whacked out position I’ll sure go out of my way to avoid doing business with you.

Yep. And it doesn't take a whole lot of brain power to avoid the brands you're talking about.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 10:01 PM   #47
myway
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Yep. And it doesn't take a whole lot of brain power to avoid the brands you're talking about.
Yep. I’m curious name your list.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #48
deerwatcher51
Ten Point

Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos

I haven't worn them since high school and that was fifty years ago. Nothing but Wranglers for me.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #49
IbeHuntn
Eight Point

Hunt In: Live oak County

I wear Levi’s, button fly is safer than a zipper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IbeHuntn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #50
Slickrick
Eight Point

Hunt In: Shackelford CO