No announcement yet.

Best Factory Bolt-Action under $900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as one can tell from the above posts, there are as many opinions as there are rifle makers. It is all personal preference and opinions are garnered from different experiences and expectations. I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the above choices.
    It has been my experience that MOST out of the box rifles will perform better than most shooters are capable of. You, me, other shooters are generally the weakest link

That being said.... my list in descending order of preference is

Weatherby
    Savage
    Sako
    Winchester (model 70)
    Remington (model 700 cdl)
    Browning (xbolt medallion)

Comment

If you want to speak in terms or accuracy ?? Myself no longer a guy that likes wooden stocks I used to love them , for me and hunting no longer My rigs go into the brush etc .

Howa , Savage , Come to mind for being sub MOA and not being overly costly .

Goes back to what will you use it for and how far are you shooting . This is my MPR Lights out accurate , light weight folds up to me more compact , Mot ridged stock i have every use . ZERO play or wobble... Yes production rifle not in your price range . But at 200 yards my savage 308 that I bought on a whim like 579 dollars with mounted scope .. Is very close in groups . Now when I say close I feel that I would take game at 550-600 with the savage .

Took a whitetail last year at 489 on the RF . Not pretty not fancy but it gets the job done .. My Howa is outstanding accurate as well 7 mag . ( needs a muzzle brake ha ha )

I feel if you can over look " name brands type deal " focus on items you want that you can buy several that fit the bill and have money left over for glass . Good luck sky is the limit Just do not shoot a custom or production built customs it will make you want more of them .

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Comment

Bergara
        Tikka
        Winchester model 70

I don’t own a bergara but have read great things about them

Comment

I went and put my hands on several of the rifles mentioned above and decided on the Browning X-Bolt Medallion in .30-06. I found a pretty good deal on one from Bud's Gun Shop and got it ordered this morning for $840 shipped. Thanks for everyone's help!

Comment

Congrats very nice gun .

Comment

Europtic has Sako 85 in 270 and 30/06 on sale in your price range.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
                Tikka
                X1000000

Just go tikka

Comment

Great choice on that Browning !

Comment

Great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                      X1000000

Just go tikka
                      AGREED! I have two Tikka's that are my go to guns. They are both synthetic stock and super light for those public land hunts with lots of walking. Both 1MOA at 100 yards and have never let me down. I have the 7MM-08 set up for my pig gun and my .308 is my deer gun. This year I started using the Hornady ELD-x bullets and really like those over the Hornady american whitetail.

Comment

Weatherby, we have 4 of them and all 5 shoot sub .5” MOA out of the box at 100

Comment

Good choice on the Browning.

There are a lot of good rifles named in this thread, I would throw in Montana rifles as well for anyone looking and reading this thread.

Comment

The CZ 550 American is about the best rifle you can get straight out of a box.

Comment

If you're not opposed to used look for an earlier model sendero with a low round count.

Comment

Bergara. I do have a weatherby vanguard that shoots darn good. And a savage as well

Comment

Working...
                                X