No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a great NM trip Randy. I loved fishing both of those places while stationed in NM in the USAF. I fished the San Juan more times than I can count but never did a float trip. Wasn't in the budget for a young airman back then.

Makes me want to go back, course I haven't picked up a fly rod in a dozen or more years.

Comment

Beavers Bend S/e Ok. has some great "Other Than Trout" fishing areas few know about. We catch SMB Walleye/Sauger LMB and the occasional Brown Trout.

Comment

Just about to order a bunch of stuff to tie carp flies with. For those of you that target them what are your favorite flies ( size and color would help also) ? Think I have I have enough ordered to tie about any of the more popular ones I've searched online for. But iam sure there are " favorites ".
        I really like trout but here lately it's been hard to get away long enough to get to them. Walking my dog around a few ponds by the house, I've noticed carp hanging out in them, would like to try and get one on my fly rod.
        Last edited by critter69; 07-13-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Chris, when did you start fly fishing?

Comment

copy of books for sale if any one is interested.
              Devils river guide book $10 to your door
              Pop Fleyes $20 to your door

Comment

Anyone ever finished the Conejos River in Colorado? Myself and a few friends are going up there next month for my bachelor trip and curious what others have experienced.

I have a lot of high country, smaller tributary fishing experience but this will be a first "trophy water" experience.

Unfortunately, due to all the fires in New Mexico I've yet to get out this year but here are some past catches.

Comment

I fished the upper Canejos near Platoro in 2008. It was loaded with quality fish. Lots of nice browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                    Anyone ever finished the Conejos River in Colorado? Myself and a few friends are going up there next month for my bachelor trip and curious what others have experienced.

I have a lot of high country, smaller tributary fishing experience but this will be a first "trophy water" experience.

I fished the Conejos a couple of years ago in some private waters a few miles up Hwy (road) 250 north of Hwy 17. I hope to go back. You will like it.

Comment

Managed to catch a few Brookies on the Animas. Plenty of small fish for me this year Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4028.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	24546618

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                        Managed to catch a few Brookies on the Animas. Plenty of small fish for me this year [ATTACH]916161[/ATTACH]

Brookie?

Comment

My gf got her first fish on the fly last weekend.

Comment

More pics of the g... er I mean fish!

Haha just kidding man. Congrats to her! Looks like y’all are having a blast.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                              Managed to catch a few Brookies on the Animas. Plenty of small fish for me this year [ATTACH]916161[/ATTACH]

That is a beautiful little fish right there!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                                My gf got her first fish on the fly last weekend.

The song about putting a ring on it comes to mind...congrats to your gf! Get her hooked bud!

Comment

Working...
                                X