No announcement yet.

Next TPWD Drawing Due Date Is 9/11/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever been to Inks Lake/ longhorn caverns?

Comment

I whiffed on gun deer as well.

Comment

My son, nephew and myself got drawn for GDA @ Atlanta State Park and GDE @ Alazon Bayou. The GDM has not been drawn yet but should be soon. We put in for Gus Engeling and hope we get picked for it as well! Might as well hope for the trifecta!

Has any one hunted at Atlanta or Alazon? We have hunted at Gus Engeling and know where we like to hunt. The others are new to us. (These are the gun hunts)

Thanks

Hank

Comment

Struck out on the YEX, GDE, GDA, and Gun Mule Deer. Hoping for one of the youth hunts.

Would love to go down to the Chap again for Javelina. I got drawn two years in a row and had a blast both times, but didn't get drawn last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamour View Post
            Has any one hunted at Atlanta
            Yep, been drawn twice, but only went once. The time I didn't go, (wife was expecting any day) my brother tagged out and my dad missed one. When I did go, I don't think anybody killed a deer. My brother was real surprised, cause the 2 years before that hunt, you could drive in the park and see deer everywhere.
            Take a good chair. They hunt out of pallet blinds and you might have a metal fold out chair or a 5 gallon bucket to sit on.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              Yep, been drawn twice, but only went once. The time I didn't go, (wife was expecting any day) my brother tagged out and my dad missed one. When I did go, I don't think anybody killed a deer. My brother was real surprised, cause the 2 years before that hunt, you could drive in the park and see deer everywhere.
              Take a good chair. They hunt out of pallet blinds and you might have a metal fold out chair or a 5 gallon bucket to sit on.
              Thanks for the information!

Do they allow you to drive to your stand or do they take you to it in park vehicles? At Lake Somerville they tooks us in park trucks, but at Lake Faifield we drove ourselves.

Thanks again Sqiggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamour View Post
                Do they allow you to drive to your stand or do they take you to it in park vehicles?
                When I was there, they took you out. You could hunt as long as you wanted. They had a guy drive the park road every 30 minutes. All you had to do was walk back to the road and wait for the pick-up.

Comment

Finally got through, out of numerous hunts applied for I was drawn for one thus far.

Javi at the Chap in Feb. I've been once about five years ago and it's a fun hunt. See really big deer, possible shots on Javi, Hogs and Yotes. I believe I'll take my bow as well as my Sav in 260 and try to stretch it out down one of the really long sendero's.

Still have the really long odds draws that come due in Oct to hold out for.

Comment

Originally posted by mossman500 View Post
                    Anyone ever been to Inks Lake/ longhorn caverns?
                    Congrats! I live about 15 mins from there and have to dodge deer most times I drive through if that's any help. Our group got chosen for gde Seminole Canyon. Anybody been there?

Comment

Working...
                    X