Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release torque

I am a newbie so please be gentle…

I was shooting my compound last night and noticed something I was doing.
    Not sure if I am practicing a bad habit…

When I draw back I set anchor points… my thumb under my jaw… tip of my nose to the string etc…

With my release hand (using Scott saber tooth), I found my middle finger, ring finger and slightly my pinky finger is pushing the main body of the release towards my face to allow me to see through the peep sight.

I have been told that at full draw – with my thumb anchored under my jaw and away from the release I should be able to move my all of my other fingers on my release hand (wave them).

While I can do this…I lose line of sight and no longer inline with the string

I fell confident my Bow hand is proper placed.

Question?
    Draw length too short?
    Too Long?

As far as continuing this bad habit…I am shot tight groups…no complaints. I just want input on becoming better.

Thoughts?

There may be something wrong but if your shooting tight groups at all yardages then don't mess with it
    Last edited by Hookem84; 09-05-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I'm no expert though

Comment

When I set at my anchor point I always loosen my middle, ring and pinky finger to the point my hand is open. For me it promotes a good clean "pull" follow through. I noticed if I grab the release I tend to push forward with my release hand. That being said I agree with Hookem 84. If your shooting tight groups within your means then dont fix it if it aint broken.

Is your peep in the correct position?
        Where is your elbow on your release arm ? Try and keep your elbow high and in line with the bow.

Just my first reaction thoughts.

Comment

If there was any way you could video it and post it I could tell you if what you are doing is a problem. But, if you can do the exact same thing every time and shoot good groups I wouldn't be worried

Comment

Want to do some shooting this evening? We can take a look & make a video to post if you want.

Comment

Ya I'm not saying there's nothing wrong but you start changing stuff then who knows how long it'll take you to get back to shooting same groupings

Comment

Sounds to me like your draw length is a tad bit too long, but as stated above.......if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                  Want to do some shooting this evening? We can take a look & make a video to post if you want.
                  Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Working...
                  X