Will He Go 200"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STGS View Post
    Been trying to get a comfort level on where this deer will score. Hope to get him in the next few days before he breaks up....

I have him scoring the following:

Mass: 32
    Width: 20
    Beams: 52
    Up: 100
    Total: 204
    What are you using for tine lengths? When I first looked at the deer I thought the question should have been, "Is there any way this deer doesn't score 200?"

I game up with 194", but I only had 88 up, but I couldn't quite get a handle on exactly what I was looking at!!!

I am usually always low, so I am fairly certain he'll bust 200"

Comment

Yes, great buck! Good luck!

Comment

NAtive?

Comment

I got 199

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
            This is one of those deer that is not particularly hard to score. You can see most everything he has and the decent pics help too. I just hope we don't pull too hard on the tape when we score him and get 199 7/8".
            Don't think you have to worry about that happening. World class beams 26"+.
            Appears you are short changing his mass. Looks more like 34 -36. A guy in the pasture next to me shot a buck last year that grossed 208 and netted 203 with a bow. It had the multiple splits like yours, but not as much junk. No worries, IMO, on this deer scoring 200+. Good luck to you.

Comment

204"-206" is what I come up with.
              Beautiful buck.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                NAtive?
                I have introduced genetics onto my ranch via breeder pens and subsequently releasing offspring. This deer doesn't have a tag, so I don't think he is a dor ft release. He could certainly be the result of released offspring who paired up.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                  Don't think you have to worry about that happening. World class beams 26"+.
                  Appears you are short changing his mass. Looks more like 34 -36. A guy in the pasture next to me shot a buck last year that grossed 208 and netted 203 with a bow. It had the multiple splits like yours, but not as much junk. No worries, IMO, on this deer scoring 200+. Good luck to you.

I like your confidence.

Comment

I came up with 202 (102 on bottom and 100 on top). The 1/8's usually push them up on our scores.

I gave him more mass than you but less spread and beam length.
                    If his frame is bigger than expected then he could push into the 210 range really quick because everything will be longer than estimated.

Either way he is a beautiful buck and one to be proud of regardless of score.

Comment

very nice deer

Comment

I think he is right at the 200in mark. What a buck! I hope you can tell us what he scores once he hits the dirt.

Comment

Score doesn't matter!

Comment

If score matters on a specimen of that caliber, I give up hunting and will take up knitting.

Comment

Yup

Comment

He's 210".... he has a lot more than 32" of mass... he has around 20" of nontypical points and his 6x6 frame is easily over 180". Really pretty buck, I like nontypicals that are symmetrical

Comment

Working...
                                X