Predator Huntin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator Huntin.

I'm thinking about going out and making a few stands this evening. Has anyone been out calling any critters up yet? I've only shot one coyote so far. Kicked two up while pheasant huntin the other day but didn't get either of those.

No we usually save all our predator hunting during tournament time. I have at my house though called acouple coyote in rabbit distress.

Comment

That's what I need to do because I enter calling tournaments. But seeing those big wooly coyotes jump up out of that crp the other day got me jacked up man. I'm too excited to wait.

Comment

Coyotes are in full swing right now. Been killing 8-10 a week

Comment

Originally posted by CTB View Post
          Coyotes are in full swing right now. Been killing 8-10 a week
          That's good! I hope they're hungry today.

Comment

No luck today but I only had time for a few different stands. The wind wasn't right for the place I was wanting to go so I just went and tryed at a place I'd never called before. There wasn't much cover so I didn't figure I'd see anything but had to try.

Comment

I might call some later tonight. I've been kinda lazy enjoying sleep.

Comment

Called four grey fox last week while trying to thin the coon population, but going to leave the greys till after Christmas for the hides.

Comment

Holding off until big cat contest time.

Comment

I wish it was legal to call coyotes at night in Oklahoma. I'd never stop huntin if it was. One thing I'd like to shoot is a fox. We don't have grey foxes here just red fox. I've never shot either but I'm going hog/varmint huntin with some buddies from Sweetwater in January. They have lots of grey foxes down there so this time around that's on my list of things to get while I'm there. I plan on taking my .223 but might need to bring my .22mag too. I bet the .223 is too much gun for grey fox.

Comment

What do you guys have the best luck calling grey fox in with?

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        What do you guys have the best luck calling grey fox in with?
                        They are the easiest thing there is to call. Plenty of sounds work!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                          They are the easiest thing there is to call. Plenty of sounds work!
                          I've heard they're pretty easy. I just wasn't sure if there's something that works better than others. I planned on trying rodent in distress or something but if they'll come in to a cottontail in distress call I might just use that instead. I just need to get lucky once. I want one so I can get a full body mount done on it.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 12-10-2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

A lot of the fox sounds work well....like platinum grey and fox distress

Comment

Thanks I'll have to remember that. If all I shoot is one fox down there this year I'll be happy. I've wanted to get one for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X