Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #4201
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Webb/Jim Hogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
Hmm I am looking for something on land. Got a baby on the way and donít want to be sitting in the middle of the ocean all of my childís life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, it's all ready nerve racking being out there. Never fails, when ever something bad happens where you need to be home your on a rig. Worse yet on a rig 8000 miles away. My dad past away a little over a year ago and I was in Africa.

By the time I made it home he was no longer conscious and I never really got to say good bye while he was still coherent. And before you know it your kids are grown up, graduated and moved out. Then you look back and realize you've been gone for half their life.

But on the other hand I've made 20 years with out being out of work, even in the slowest of times which we are still experiencing in the deep water sector and with no college education and only limited high school it's provided a very good living for me and my family.

Where other wise if I'd stayed around home I'd probably never be where I am today.
Muddy Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #4202
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollomb View Post
Try James Pavlock. Think he used to be the internal buyer but I would guess they are doing most of the machining work in house right now. I used to work over there 6 years ago and bailed as I could see the writing on the wall.
Thanks, I appreciate it
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #4203
TalonErickson7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harris and Montgomery County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Bud View Post
Yep, it's all ready nerve racking being out there. Never fails, when ever something bad happens where you need to be home your on a rig. Worse yet on a rig 8000 miles away. My dad past away a little over a year ago and I was in Africa.

By the time I made it home he was no longer conscious and I never really got to say good bye while he was still coherent. And before you know it your kids are grown up, graduated and moved out. Then you look back and realize you've been gone for half their life.

But on the other hand I've made 20 years with out being out of work, even in the slowest of times which we are still experiencing in the deep water sector and with no college education and only limited high school it's provided a very good living for me and my family.

Where other wise if I'd stayed around home I'd probably never be where I am today.

Where you work buddy?

TalonErickson7 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2017, 11:09 AM   #4204
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Dilling for Total in the black sea on the Noble Globetrotter ll. In Holland now assisting with a new auto trip feature. Scary concept but it's what the industry is headed towards. I'd much rather be in the stand hunting with the family though since I'm supposed to be on my days off.

Last edited by Muddy Bud; 12-06-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #4205
TalonErickson7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harris and Montgomery County

Quote:
Dilling for Total in the black sea on the Noble Globetrotter ll. In Holland now assisting with a new auto trip feature. Scary concept but it's what the industry is headed towards. I'd much rather be in the stand hunting with the family though since I'm supposed to be on my days off.

I hear ya. Man I need to move over to the Drilling side if you need a roustabout to work my way up to floors let me know. I worked floors on land rigs for two years now Iíve been doing ROV work for 4 years Offshore. Just wanting to move to Drilling side if I stay out here simply because there is more room to grow than ROV. Wouldnít mind making a transit to Subsea but I know that will be a long shot

TalonErickson7 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 05:06 PM   #4206
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

So how about that oil huh
boh347 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 06:59 PM   #4207
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boh347 View Post
So how about that oil huh
Itís dang good right now. Work is back for a lot of folks. Gas prices are up haha. 67 bucks today. Hope it gets to 100 by end of August
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 07:14 PM   #4208
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Here we go.
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 07:52 PM   #4209
miket
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
Itís dang good right now. Work is back for a lot of folks. Gas prices are up haha. 67 bucks today. Hope it gets to 100 by end of August
Nooooo, I hope not. All my business is directly oil related. I hope its a slow and steady climb. No need to rush. The faster it climbs the harder it crashes.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:55 PM   #4210
GBludau
Eight Point

Hunt In: Brazos, Milam, Grimes, Victoria Counties, Public land

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
Yeah Boi!!!! We loaded up! Throttle down!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
GBludau is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 09:25 PM   #4211
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Still really slow in the deep water sector. The rigs that are going back to work are cutting day rates by 40-60% or more. Crazy cheap.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:29 PM   #4212
miket
Pope & Young

Quote:
Still really slow in the deep water sector. The rigs that are going back to work are cutting day rates by 40-60% or more. Crazy cheap.
Last I heard it takes about $70 to make deepwater viable. And there is always a lag ( I know you know ). But its coming. Seriously, for all of us a slow steady climb is better IMO.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:35 PM   #4213
Radar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

I think it will get interesting, also think OPEC will turn the faucet back on at some point. I have alot of business in the oil field and I have learned over the years to stay skeptical and conservative. It helps me stay sane. Lol
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 09:43 PM   #4214
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Last I heard it takes about $70 to make deepwater viable. And there is always a lag ( I know you know ). But its coming. Seriously, for all of us a slow steady climb is better IMO.
The guys I know on the executive level of companies that are almost exclusively tied to offshore are saying 2020 before things break loose on that side. Almost everything they are bidding on is 2020-21. Of course, it goes without saying if things stay on the track they are on.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 09:45 PM   #4215
miket
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I think it will get interesting, also think OPEC will turn the faucet back on at some point. I have alot of business in the oil field and I have learned over the years to stay skeptical and conservative. It helps me stay sane. Lol
Yep. At the moment I am as busy as I can be. Cant handle any more work ( machine shop ). If it keeps climbing, yes I will make more because companies will be more desperate, but long term it will make everyone expand capacity and hire more people. Then when it slows down all that excess capacity will be scrambling for crumbs again. Same old story.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:48 PM   #4216
Buckley99
Ten Point

Oil prices are great for the chemical business. That said, it’s also putting a ton of pressure on logistics/truck drivers. The market for drivers is going through the roof and it’s only going to get worse.
Buckley99 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 10:13 PM   #4217
JTRichardson
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas, in your stand when you aint there :)

Oilfield manufacturing has been hammering down since last year when all the stack outs starting rebuilding and everyone is building capex motors. We are seeing the tail end of that now and back on a maintenance schedule with most of the major players.
JTRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top