Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2015, 10:40 PM   #3051
Das71198
Ten Point
 
Das71198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hallettsville
Hunt In: Victoria County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
I keep hearing rumors of a big boom comeing to Mexico by US oil companys. As of now no more than a rumor on my end.
I heard the same thing about 1 1/2 years ago. My old company was going to send some folks down to Mexico to get things rolling. I guess the prices put everything on hold for now.
Das71198 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #3052
speck1
Ten Point
 
speck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boerne, Tx.
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

I am not in the oil and gas business but read this post to remind me to be thankful for the job I have. Always praying for you guys to get back to work. Living in south Texas I see the effect of the layoffs on families every day.
speck1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2015, 07:18 AM   #3053
Texastaxi
Pope & Young
 
Texastaxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West of Houston
Hunt In: now accepting invitations!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
Most of the work gonna be in Mexico or Texas?
It sucks, but I can actually appreciate that the Mexican government requires a certain portion of the work to be done in Mexico. TransCanada was aware of this, and is also aware of the lack of quality that goes along with engineering and design done in Mexico. All of the actual work will be done in Mexico. We will oversee their work, both engineering and design, from here, with several hands on trips to the Mexico City office. I think we end up about 10% of the budget.
Texastaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2015, 08:30 AM   #3054
Kodiakk
Ten Point
 
Kodiakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Humble
Hunt In: Sabine and where ever else I can.
Default

I have learned one thing in this downturn after watching people extremely close to retirement get the axe. I won't be trying to retire in the oilfield. Getting real thin where I work, and I'm looking into other industries.
Kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #3055
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young
 
Sticks&Strings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia, TX/ Kinney& sometimes Leon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
I have to make some tough decisions next week with our business and some folks we employ! I've held on too long to some of them and it's hard to pull the trigger on these things when these folks have helped my company for so long!!! It's sad times and a bad time of year to be doing this stuff!!!!!!
Sorry to hear this. I'm in a different industry but I worked for a company that was hurting and kept us way longer than they should have and we knew it. There were zero hard feelings when I got let go. I told the owners I knew it was coming, I was surprised it took as long as it did, and they were still running fat. They knew it.

Unfortunately they held on to people and homes too long and went belly up a year later. I hope you let them go before too long, I. Hopes that you can hire them back when time comes.

On another note, my eine said a new agreement was signed globally that had something to do with co2 inputs and outputs and she feels like it's going to prolong this recovery and really force the hand of alternative energy sources. Anyone else know much about this. I'm a home builder so I like high gas and oil prices as are many businesses more than people think.
Sticks&Strings is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #3056
BrianL
Pope & Young
 
BrianL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Hunt In: TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das71198 View Post
I heard the same thing about 1 1/2 years ago. My old company was going to send some folks down to Mexico to get things rolling. I guess the prices put everything on hold for now.
Isn't Mexican crude is selling at a close to $10/bbl discount compared to WTI?
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2015, 03:48 PM   #3057
WCI
Ten Point
 
WCI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisiana
Default

Looking really slim over this way. 19 years. Drilling, completion, workover, P&A, regulatory, and engineering. Land, shelf and deepwater. Domestic and international. Planning to take some time off and then evaluate. I was fortunate the last couple of downturns to maintain my job at a major but this is a way different deal now. The new way of thinking is almost "alien" to me.. Make no mistake folks oil/gas producers are not in business to produce oil/gas they are in business to make money. "Kelly almost down"

Wilk
WCI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #3058
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/e...n-in-debts.ece

Irving-based Magnum Hunter Resources Corp., an oil and gas explorer once heady with spending amid the U.S. shale boom, filed for bankruptcy as its heavy debt load was exacerbated by the glut in cheap energy.

The company said Tuesday that it has the support of a majority of its lenders for a turnaround plan. Holders of 75 percent of the company’s debt have agreed to support the restructuring, which calls for a $200 million loan to keep Magnum Hunter operating in bankruptcy, according to a statement.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #3059
Mayhem
Pope & Young
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: porter, tx
Hunt In: crockett, county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
Sorry to hear this. I'm in a different industry but I worked for a company that was hurting and kept us way longer than they should have and we knew it. There were zero hard feelings when I got let go. I told the owners I knew it was coming, I was surprised it took as long as it did, and they were still running fat. They knew it.



Unfortunately they held on to people and homes too long and went belly up a year later. I hope you let them go before too long, I. Hopes that you can hire them back when time comes.



On another note, my eine said a new agreement was signed globally that had something to do with co2 inputs and outputs and she feels like it's going to prolong this recovery and really force the hand of alternative energy sources. Anyone else know much about this. I'm a home builder so I like high gas and oil prices as are many businesses more than people think.

Did you work for Royce homes?
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #3060
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young
 
Sticks&Strings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia, TX/ Kinney& sometimes Leon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
Did you work for Royce homes?
No, hhn homes.
Sticks&Strings is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #3061
boh347
Pope & Young
 
boh347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Knickerbocker, Texas
Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx
Default

Heard they made a deal to lift the export ban.
boh347 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-16-2015, 04:30 PM   #3062
RMW
Ten Point
 
RMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burr
Hunt In: Down South
Default

Ordered 6000 gallons of farm diesel today at 1.10 gallon!!!! Oil dropped close to 2.00 today. I guess I should of waited a little bit longer and got even a cheaper price.
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-17-2015, 06:04 PM   #3063
JSAPP
Pope & Young
 
JSAPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Lavaca Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW View Post
Ordered 6000 gallons of farm diesel today at 1.10 gallon!!!! Oil dropped close to 2.00 today. I guess I should of waited a little bit longer and got even a cheaper price.

Congrats. Does that have something to do with this thread in support for the oilfield community during tough times?
JSAPP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #3064
Death Dealer
Eight Point
 
Death Dealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colmesneil
Hunt In: East, South, & West Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW View Post
Ordered 6000 gallons of farm diesel today at 1.10 gallon!!!! Oil dropped close to 2.00 today. I guess I should of waited a little bit longer and got even a cheaper price.

Congrats.....May you be lucky enough to order 6000 gallons at $6.00 a gallon one day. Let me know how exciting it is then.
Death Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-17-2015, 11:31 PM   #3065
RMW
Ten Point
 
RMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burr
Hunt In: Down South
Default

I wasn't trying to rub it in on you guys. It's just hard to believe that fuel prices have fallen this low. I thought I would never see prices like this again. Anyway I'm sorry and hope everything is well on your end.
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-17-2015, 11:58 PM   #3066
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point
 
CoolHandLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Del Rio
Default

When diesel was $4+ a gallon the poor farmers around here couldn't keep their diesel tanks from being stolen. I know one farmer that lost 3 tanks on trailers. I know this doesn't help you guys in the patch but $4 diesel didn't help anyone.
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2015, 12:03 AM   #3067
bigmike585
Ten Point
 
bigmike585's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denton, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/e...n-in-debts.ece

Irving-based Magnum Hunter Resources Corp., an oil and gas explorer once heady with spending amid the U.S. shale boom, filed for bankruptcy as its heavy debt load was exacerbated by the glut in cheap energy.

The company said Tuesday that it has the support of a majority of its lenders for a turnaround plan. Holders of 75 percent of the company’s debt have agreed to support the restructuring, which calls for a $200 million loan to keep Magnum Hunter operating in bankruptcy, according to a statement.
Read this and found it interesting. Sounds like they plan on buying up a bunch of cheap assets with that $200mil, and coming out on top when things pick back up. Seems like those hunt oil guys can't lose. Since they will be "operating in bankruptcy" wonder if they'll be on the hook for that debt when they get back in the black?
bigmike585 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2015, 12:27 AM   #3068
jmarp33
Six Point
 
jmarp33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Edmond, OK
Hunt In: SE OK and Central TX
Default Hey Oilfield Guys!!

For anyone interested, here's an interesting take on oil economics and how this downturn relates to those in the past. I can't verify its validity and can't speak to any specifics but being in the industry myself, it's just another humbling reminder of how cyclical this business can be.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahx8frCpdhU

Last edited by jmarp33; 12-18-2015 at 12:30 AM.
jmarp33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2015, 01:05 AM   #3069
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW View Post
I wasn't trying to rub it in on you guys. It's just hard to believe that fuel prices have fallen this low. I thought I would never see prices like this again. Anyway I'm sorry and hope everything is well on your end.
No worries...your past/history of posts make it clear you are sympathetic & understanding to the cause amigo. It's just irritating to those of us in the industry to have folks deliberately come on this thread & slip in snide remarks about how spiffy things are in their gas tank price wise, while others here are having to tell their employees that their mortgage payments will need to be met by other means than last week's check.

We are simply lacking class by a certain few, but we are thick skinned & take care of our own.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #3070
Bumpy
Ten Point
 
Bumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Default

I wonder how the guys who talked about USW Union Employees feel about Oilfield workers?
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #3071
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarp33 View Post
For anyone interested, here's an interesting take on oil economics and how this downturn relates to those in the past. I can't verify its validity and can't speak to any specifics but being in the industry myself, it's just another humbling reminder of how cyclical this business can be.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahx8frCpdhU
Very interesting indeed... My biggest question/concern is how much the current price drop is due directly to the "green agenda" the current administration is pushing which IMHO would make this cycle of low oil prices different. For example, how is it possible that we now "want" to export our oil at a time with such a low price. Seems to like exporting at such a low price will drive price even lower while the oil reserves are high but will eventually spike to make the green energy industries look more sensible. Some of you knowledgeable fellas please chime in. Prayers up for all suffering due to the low oil prices.
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2015, 08:43 AM   #3072
kyle1974
Pope & Young
 
kyle1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bluff, America
Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Very interesting indeed... My biggest question/concern is how much the current price drop is due directly to the "green agenda" the current administration is pushing which IMHO would make this cycle of low oil prices different. For example, how is it possible that we now "want" to export our oil at a time with such a low price. Seems to like exporting at such a low price will drive price even lower while the oil reserves are high but will eventually spike to make the green energy industries look more sensible. Some of you knowledgeable fellas please chime in. Prayers up for all suffering due to the low oil prices.
I'd guess the green movement hasn't moved the needle as a measure of direct efficiency measures.

On a political aspect though, allowing opec to flood our market with cheap oil is a direct issue with the obama green movement.

Opec has been open that they're flooding the market in order to ruin competition.

Why our government doesn't have the balls to call this a dumping violation is beyond me. That is exactly what anti dumping regulation was designed to protect against.

Of course, if you're in the USW, the feds will be right there to have your back and place a lawsuit on foreign nations.
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2015, 10:23 PM   #3073
TWP
Ten Point
 
TWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Angelo, TX
Hunt In: San Angelo
Default

Prayers for all that are looking for work, just remember that the world needs folks with great work ethics, be it oil or anything else. Keep your head up.

I have been in ND, OK, TX, NM, and PA the past two months and man is it slow. Makes me wish for all the craziness a couple years back. Williston used to be a modern day San Fran in '49, not so much now. We are holding on, but getting mighty tight.
TWP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #3074
jmarp33
Six Point
 
jmarp33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Edmond, OK
Hunt In: SE OK and Central TX
Default

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450899013.734232.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  30.5 KB
jmarp33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #3075
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarp33 View Post

That's sadder than this.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #3076
jaime1982
Ten Point
 
jaime1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: La Porte Tx
Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
I wonder how the guys who talked about USW Union Employees feel about Oilfield workers?
Are oilfield workers unionized or do they actually have to work and pull their weight to get raises?
jaime1982 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2015, 09:47 PM   #3077
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime1982 View Post
Are oilfield workers unionized or do they actually have to work and pull their weight to get raises?
We uave to work and pull our weight to earn our paycheck.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2015, 10:15 PM   #3078
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime1982 View Post
Are oilfield workers unionized or do they actually have to work and pull their weight to get raises?

I was Union right outta high school. By age 20 I had that bs figured out. While they were loosing money, and contracts we kept on going. I have no use for these modern Unions. They are not the Union of my Grandfather.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #3079
jaime1982
Ten Point
 
jaime1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: La Porte Tx
Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
I was Union right outta high school. By age 20 I had that bs figured out. While they were loosing money, and contracts we kept on going. I have no use for these modern Unions. They are not the Union of my Grandfather.
Smart men learn quick
jaime1982 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:33 AM   #3080
Bumpy
Ten Point
 
Bumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime1982 View Post
Are oilfield workers unionized or do they actually have to work and pull their weight to get raises?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
We uave to work and pull our weight to earn our paycheck.
If you guys were a union like IBEW you'd be working elsewhere earning a paycheck.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:37 AM   #3081
bphillips
Pope & Young
 
bphillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Angelo, Tx
Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
If you guys were a union like IBEW you'd be working elsewhere earning a paycheck.
Nope being unionized wouldn't magically make jobs available in our field of work
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:41 AM   #3082
jaime1982
Ten Point
 
jaime1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: La Porte Tx
Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
If you guys were a union like IBEW you'd be working elsewhere earning a paycheck.
Im fine where im at, not paying dues.
jaime1982 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:51 AM   #3083
rjet
Pope & Young
 
rjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Richardson, Tx
Default

Not a union guy at all but not sure how that makes one bit of difference in this market. Yes, i am losing my ***.
rjet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:18 AM   #3084
PBUCKSHOT
Pope & Young
 
PBUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, Tx
Hunt In: Three Rivers, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
You chaps have any links that I can refer to on any of these US to Mexico / NG projects??

I'm hearing some chatter about the Brownsville ship channel getting dredged to handle the upcoming project to liquefy the NG similar to what's coming up in Bay City & La, but not much on projects of NG heading to Mex.

Thanks!!
Will be sending you a PM...
PBUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #3085
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
If you guys were a union like IBEW you'd be working elsewhere earning a paycheck.

Rotflmao!!!!!!
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 08:47 AM   #3086
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
If you guys were a union like IBEW you'd be working elsewhere earning a paycheck.
I have worked around tons of union workers and they were the laziest bunch of workers I have ever seen. Always whining about this or that. I have and will always have a job better than any union can get for me. I earn my paycheck. I just don't show up when I want and expect a check.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #3087
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Looks like we have yet another union guy that has a total lack of understanding of economics. You cant just magically make work. The company must be able to sell the product for a profit in order to employ people.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #3088
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: In camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Looks like we have yet another union guy that has a total lack of understanding of economics. You cant just magically make work. The company must be able to sell the product for a profit in order to employ people.
Agreed. I worked in a pipe fitters/AC union in Austin for a year and WILL NEVER EVER EVR go back to one. Biggest joke I've ever been around. And yes. Work just don't magically appear when you want. I sat at home more than I've ever done and saw other guys not work for up to two months Bc there wasn't any work coming in.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #3089
tps7742
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: East tx
Default

Some of these Union folks make stupid statements and especially at the wrong time or wrong place. And this thread is in the place for this individual to be making these type of stupid statements. Hopefully everyone effected on this thread had a good Christmas and I wish the best for next years economy in the oil/gas related industry!!
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:41 PM   #3090
RR 314
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tps7742 View Post
Some of these Union folks make stupid statements and especially at the wrong time or wrong place. And this thread is in the place for this individual to be making these type of stupid statements. Hopefully everyone effected on this thread had a good Christmas and I wish the best for next years economy in the oil/gas related industry!!
Well said!
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #3091
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
If you guys were a union like IBEW you'd be working elsewhere earning a paycheck.
How did you come up with this?
Would I be wrong in assuming you are under the age of 25?
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #3092
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young
 
Muddy Bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Webb/Jim Hogg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
I have worked around tons of union workers and they were the laziest bunch of workers I have ever seen. Always whining about this or that. I have and will always have a job better than any union can get for me. I earn my paycheck. I just don't show up when I want and expect a check.
I have observed the same thing. We hire union workers in ship yards cause we have to. Constantly have to stay on there a×@. If they feel rushed in any way they just shut down and nothing gets done. It goes against everything I was ever taught growing up. Work hard to get where you want and be rewarded. Not be lazy and do just enough to keep your job.
Muddy Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #3093
Bumpy
Ten Point
 
Bumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
How did you come up with this?
Would I be wrong in assuming you are under the age of 25?
I asked this because I met a few Electricians who travel around the country for different jobs. I'm sorry if I'm not knowledgable like you guys on the issue. I don't know how the oilfield area works. Excuse me for not knowing.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #3094
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young
 
KR-oldmexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groesbeck, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
I asked this because I met a few Electricians who travel around the country for different jobs. I'm sorry if I'm not knowledgable like you guys on the issue. I don't know how the oilfield area works. Excuse me for not knowing.

So you 25 or 26???? LOL....
KR-oldmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 10:01 PM   #3095
cosmiccowboy
Pope & Young
 
cosmiccowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio hunt Medina/Atascosa
Default

Had an old customer from Cotulla come in last week. He has had a little hotel/motel there for 20+ years. Before the "boom" there were 4 hotels in Cotulla. The "boom" brought TWENTY more. Now they are all empty. Crazy.
cosmiccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 10:04 PM   #3096
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
Had an old customer from Cotulla come in last week. He has had a little hotel/motel there for 20+ years. Before the "boom" there were 4 hotels in Cotulla. The "boom" brought TWENTY more. Now they are all empty. Crazy.
When I first started working in Cotulla you had 4 choices of where to stay. Then it went crazy and now it is dead again. Makes you wonder if those bigger hotels are gonna lose their butt with that many empty rooms. Not to mention the amount of trailer/RV parks that opened up.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 10:32 PM   #3097
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young
 
KR-oldmexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groesbeck, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico
Default

That town **** sure went crazy on hotels!!!! It's unbelievable how many are there now!!!
KR-oldmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 11:33 PM   #3098
tex4k
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Big Lake TX.
Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
You chaps have any links that I can refer to on any of these US to Mexico / NG projects??

I'm hearing some chatter about the Brownsville ship channel getting dredged to handle the upcoming project to liquefy the NG similar to what's coming up in Bay City & La, but not much on projects of NG heading to Mex.

Thanks!!
Don't know anything, I just hear office talk, a few news reports, and watch the trains. There's been a lot of big pipe going west for the last few months, about 40 rail cars came through this afternoon loaded up and for some reason this post popped into my head.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2015, 01:14 AM   #3099
Bumpy
Ten Point
 
Bumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
So you 25 or 26???? LOL....
15
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #3100
Captain39
Eight Point
 
Captain39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default

I feel sorry for you guys getting laid off. I have friends who work in the main office of a oil company in what I would call mid management positions. , I will not name the company. But as you guys are getting laid off & taking pay cuts, they are still taking high dollar hunts & watching games from suites paid for by vendors. I will be curious to see if they get their yearly big bonus this year. Have any of you ever thought some of the bigger oil companies are in on this with the Saudies to push out their smaller competitors & come back here in a few years with a bigger share of the market? Just a thought, don't crucify me ..
Captain39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com