Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

No bullying policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No bullying policy

Sooo...

At what age do you start teaching them not to be a bully, exactly?? Because I have a 9 month old girl that’s on a fast track to being on America’s Most Wanted, I swear it. Meanest little white girl ever, and you just can’t hurt this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4BA108B-F5FA-48F7-A0FE-AE1FBD04E59D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	24556364

Lots of wisdom here.

Not to get too philosophical here, but I listened to a child psychologist who believes that a root to school shootings is the advent of “no tolerance” fighting policies. Basically anger is going to be expressed, and either the pecking order can be set naturally through boys being boys or it will explode.

I’ve taught my son how to punch and he has rolled in jiu jitsu. But the kid simply doesent have an aggressive bone in his body

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
        100% My oldest son had a problem in the beginning of second grade last year that was getting him down. A few sparring lessons which included taking hits and continuing to dish and never stopping until an adult pulls you off, and voila; "little Johnny" is no longer a bully. The best part was picking my son up to go out for lunch together all week, rather than the school "social worker" having him feel ashamed eating alone in their office while shaming him for standing up for himself. He did start a fight about a month later and learned a hard lesson about when it's right and wrong to hit someone, and had to deal with their consequences on his own and punishment at home to boot.
        I never had a brother and I actually worry about whats going to happen when my 3 boys are all in school together, both two younger boys being in the cross hairs of the principal because of their older brother, and the thought of them going all musketeer on anyone that bothers them.
        On the flip side, how do you teach your kids never to bully or poke anyone?
        Lots of parents scream bullying these days when some kids simply dont like the other. Dont want to sit by them at lunch, dont pick them to be in their team at recess, etc....I have rather influential kids and we've always told them to look for the underdog and intervene when appropriate. This creates two things: 1) a positive leader that understands influence and how/when to use it; 2) a follower that will now have someone that has his back and in turn will also have the other's!

The advantage is established influence, however being able to stand up for what is right needs no hierarchy to do so, but it will create influence and build leadership within the individual that stands up for others.

Comment

Little flywise taught a bully a lesson......principle said, little Johnny had it comin.....

Comment

Funny how they always call the wife when there's a problem like this and they call me when they want something. I did tell my son, if he ever ends up in the principals office and deep down, he knows he doesn't belong there, to demand that the principal call me immediately and I'll have his back, but know he had better be 100%.
            I also taught him if he's again 100% and the principal won't call me, to look over at the principal's family photo and say- "That's a nice family, be a shame if something happened to them." Jury is still out on that one.....
            I was a principal for 19 years, always called the Dad first and had many a good laugh at the expense of Dads and their tough guy demands

I never had an issue with a student dealing with a bully, student and their parents just had to understand there are consequences for our actions and sometimes they are well worth the price. Kid in the video gets it.

Comment

I love it!

My boy dealt with it a bit last year. Told the teacher and principle and they basically told him to let them know if it happens again. I told him that he did his part and from now on he needs to just handle it. That was last year and he was timid. This year a 7th grader (he’s a 6th grader) knocked him down and turned to leave. He jumped up, jerked him off his feet, and told him he’d better never do it again. Last week a kid started threatening his friend. He said, “Dad, he’s afraid, but I’m not gonna let the kid hurt him. If he tries it, I’m gonna stop it.” Left a dang tear in my eye. In the past he would let anyone walk on him. He is not a fighter. He’s always been a protector though. I agree with so much of what is said on here. He knows good and well he better not start it. But he also knows he’d better finish it or go down swinging so he doesn’t become a target. I’ll handle the teachers and parents. And take to ice cream when he’s done.

Comment

My son Barrett got in a fight the first week of school this year (kindergarten). Some kid tried to push him out of line while waiting for the bus, so he could stand by his twin brother. He punched Barrett, which was his 2nd mistake. I asked Barrett what he did, Barrett said, " I punched him in the face and bit him on the head".

They both went to the Principals office and had to sit out of recess, but that kid doesn't mess with Barrett any longer.

Comment

So from what I'm reading every single "bully" is a wimp because every single kid that fought back kicks the bully's rear end.

I taught my kids the same things but they managed to never get bullied enough to end up in a fight.

Comment

Love this video. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I agree 110% my children will not be bullied. I have taught them how to defend themselves. My wife says that I am to aggressive about it because I have told and taught them that is no such thing as a fair fight and if you find yourself in that position, do not fight to stop them...you fight to win and fight to injure them.

My children have been told that people will bully and walk all over them for as long as you allow it to go on. Absolutely start no fight but finish all of them, stand up for the weak and protect the helpless.

try not to fight but if is a fight they must have...……...fight you are the 3rd monkey on the ramp and, baby,....it's starting to rain

Comment

I also taught him if he's again 100% and the principal won't call me, to look over at the principal's family photo and say- "That's a nice family, be a shame if something happened to them." Jury is still out on that one.....
                        Teaching your kids to make threats against another man's family is irresponsible, and foolish for a lot of reasons.
                        Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-16-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

My Daughters or Son are not going to wait on a bully to hit them. If they are threatened and feel the need, they are going to hit them first.

I have been in too many fights, and seen too many fights get dominated on one punch to let them go through that.

I trust them, and raised them to know better. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with the bully situations.

Comment

Little Johnnys gonna catch these hands

Im rolling

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Teaching your kids to make threats against another man's family is irresponsible, and foolish for a lot of reasons.
                              This was better before the edit, terrible to teach your child this IMO also

Comment

Dale Moser has his priorities right.

Comment

Working...
                                X