50lb shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
    That's what my deer I've shot with killzones look like. Blood everywhere!
    Great heads! I've killed a bunch of pigs and deer with them and they are flat out NASTY!

Comment

Another vote for Magnus. They actually make a great head, there black hornets are pretty sturdy.

Comment

Do the black hornets leave a good blood trail?

Comment

The buck I shot with the Magnus did not die . I shot him at @ 35 yards. My bow is set at 68lbs with 31.5" draw. Broadhead broke into pieces on impact and barely went in at all and fell out immediately. Aside from that the blood trails the stingers leave is less than desirable
          not much of anything will hold up against large bones, not even the "bad to the bone " muzzy, bones and razor blades have not nor will they ever work well together, the hit was simply less than perfect and you got the expected results of a head on bone shot,,,, sometimes people get lucky, you just did not... the head really had little to do with it,,,, if you going to hit bone the steel force phat head and black hornet are about as good as you can get, the exodus is there with them,,, most others would have failed just as well

Comment

G5 Montec carbon

Comment

Do the black hornets leave a good blood trail?
              Absolutely

Comment

I have plenty of broadheads blow threw a rib bone

Comment

My wife shoots 35# and my son shoots 45# and they both shoot Magnus Stinger buzzcuts 4 blade 100 grain and they kill as much or more stuff than I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I used Magnus Stingers and Buzzcuts for years with no problems. Shot quite a few pigs and deer with them. I had to stop using them when I started buying arrows with 2" vanes. They seem to steer the arrow and impact 5-6" inches from field points.
                    Slick Tricks fly like darts and I've shot a couple deer with the Killzone low ke mechanicals, including the buck in my profile pic....a 170 lb deer at 26 yards.
                    My bow is currently set to 47 lbs.

Comment

I use Magnus two-blade 125g broad heads for my 45 lb trad bow and 50 lb wheel bow. Two-blade is easy to make razor sharp, including the very tip. I think that low poundage bows should have to have super sharp cut-on-contact broad heads to make up for the lower arrow speed.

The Magnus two-blades fly just like my field points. Any of my past shots where I find some blood but no animal have been my fault in shot placement, not broad head failure to do its job.

Plus, they have a free replacement warranty if you break one. I asked them on the phone "what if my feeder is in a dry creek bed and all of my shots pass through into rocks and break broad heads?" They said, "we will warranty them." I only actually curly-qued the tip on one head, but I didn't send it in because it looks so cool.

I read on tbh that they will take a pic as proof for the warranty, but just knowing that makes me feel good about a company that stands behind their product.

I have two packs of Zwickey's that I have not even opened because I have just stayed with the Magnus.

Comment

I use Magnus 125 and 150s with the Traditional 45 and 50#. On the wheel bows it is G5 Montec 125gr

Comment

I shoot 55lb and shoot grim reaper, my wife shoots 50lb and uses rage broadheads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of responses here and it's interesting to see what everyone is shooting.

I see a lot of people suggesting fixed blades and mechanicals. It's going to be fun figuring out which one you like best.

Anyone that comes through our shop shooting in the 50s or lower we usually suggest a 4 blade fixed blade head. Slick trick or something similar. My wife shoots right at 40lbs and she is shooting a micro diameter arrow tipped with 85 grain slick tricks.

Comment

Slick Trick Mags for me. Shooting 55 lbs.

Comment

Your suggestion of Ramcats is a solid one. My wife shoots 40# and has killed deer and hogs with Ramcats and had all pass through. They are a good head and get the best penetration of any head I've seen. You can't go wrong with them!!

Comment

Working...
                                X