Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe I need to quit using Vanilla cover scent in my pop up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I need to quit using Vanilla cover scent in my pop up...

So, pulled the ole pop up out of retirement this year. Mesh was bad so i went and bought camo burlap and cut me some shooting holes - first picture below.

I noticed yesterday that the bottom of one was stretched a bit but didnt think much of it. When I get in today, it looks like the second picture below.

Seriously, Whisky Tango Foxtrat? Kinda tripping me out. The blind is not staked down so if a coon grabbed hold to pull itself up seems it would tip. I know the stand hasn't moved because I raked the leaves.

I take no food to the stand.

Anybody have a similiar experience?
    Attached Files

I hunt Fort Hood which has free ranging cattle. I have had 2 blinds messed up by the cattle. I can usually get the blinds popped back out but they always eat the mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
      I hunt Fort Hood which has free ranging cattle. I have had 2 blinds messed up by the cattle. I can usually get the blinds popped back out but they always eat the mesh.
      I was about to ask if there were cattle on the lease. They seem to especially love camo-print burlap or any "leafy" camo fabric.

Comment

No cattle and no easy task for a smaller animal to get through that window. Will definitely approach with caution from now on.

Comment

Squirrel. Look around for drag marks where he drug his nuts around.

Comment

Manbearpig?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
              Squirrel. Look around for drag marks where he drug his nuts around.
              lmao

Comment

LMAO - I'll see if there are any nut slides in the dirt.

Comment

Poachers shooting Rages! Someone told them they would not shoot through netting, so they fixed it.

Comment

the nut drags are usally a dead give away

Comment

X2 on the nut drags

Comment

I wonder why in the world your using vanilla scent ON YOUR BLIND (thread tittle)

Any scent attractant must be placed AWAY from the spot you´re hiding on it otherwise animals attention will be centered straight to the place on which you´re standing and yes! using scent attractant on a pop up blind will lead to have tears on walls or even be chewed by cows!

Yotes LOVE vanilla smell...if you put some on the ground and a yote finds it he´ll lean and roll he´s back on it like trying to be impregnated with that sweet aroma, now guess what a yote could make to the walls of a pop up blind either secured or not by ropes or stakes.

If I were you I would inmediately wash out that blind before using it again.

Comment

Yeah....I was kinda wondering the same thing. Wonder what got into mine?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mmmmm...at least yotes will smell good for some time jajajaja

Comment

I spray down with it before I walk to the woods - was a joke with all the vanilla hype on here lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X