The timer red light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The timer red light

I’m out in the middle of west Texas today and seeing a lot of deer. Went to check feeders and out new 600lb stand and fill all season feeder has maybe 150-200 lbs of corn on the ground and it’s empty. I expected it to be about halfway full. Most of the feed is right at the base of the feeder outside the slide plate.

So I open it up and find the red motor light is solid red. I test it. Nothing happens.

I’ll pick up a battery in the am in Sanderson.

So where did all this corn come from on the ground if this thing ain’t spinning.

We have been gone for about 2 months so I would think this just happened or this corn would be gone from all the critters.

Feeder is less than a year old.

There is a problem with them they just never stop spinning. We had 2 of ours do that 2000 lbs of corn on the ground in both spots

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a lil battery indicator which I think is the top indicator that looks like a battery. That is solid full for me.

Below that there is a separate indicator that is a bar. I would think would be the big battery indicator and it has one bar. Maybe a month ago it threw everything and 200 lbs is all that’s left. I don’t know

Comment

Any fixes or ideas what causes this ?

Comment

But they are great timers

Sorry for your bad luck with it but your experience is not isolated and seems to be frequent.
          Which is why I started a thread asking what the current best choice for a timer is since I am in need of a couple.

Maybe they will get this issue cleared up as they seem to be the best at their price point minus the issues

Comment

Same here. Nothing like paying 5 figures (as a group) for a deer lease, spending time and effort to get everything ready for the season plus all the travel (16 hrs round trip) plus misc expenses to find out that your piece of crap timer has malfunctioned, both of them. I am done with “the timer”.

Comment

Yea the timer has its issues and wish they would address them. Had some spin all my corn and I have some that “gain” time. So annoying when it goes off way earlier than expected. They have issues but seems to be the best of the Chinese ones maybe?

Comment

Well I put a new battery and it is working again. We will be back in two weeks so I only put 3 bags in it so if it does spin it’s life away it will be cheap. Well cheaper. Will bring a new timer and replace. Maybe try the all seasons one.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                  There is a lil battery indicator which I think is the top indicator that looks like a battery. That is solid full for me.

Below that there is a separate indicator that is a bar. I would think would be the big battery indicator and it has one bar. Maybe a month ago it threw everything and 200 lbs is all that’s left. I don’t know

The top indicator is for 2 AA batteries inside the timer. They keep you settings if the big battery goes dead.

The bottom indicator is for your feeder battery, and if it shows one bar, that battery is dead.

I have a bunch of these timers, and all of them work good. I’ve read online about the problems like you had. I would call West Tx Feeder Supply and see if the will replace it. They have a 5yr warranty (or used to anyway).

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

But it's only one batch they had problems with.....what you hear every time some one brings up an issue with the timer. Must have been a huge batch.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                      Well I put a new battery and it is working again. We will be back in two weeks so I only put 3 bags in it so if it does spin it’s life away it will be cheap. Well cheaper. Will bring a new timer and replace. Maybe try the all seasons one.
                      Unfortunately it is going to do the same thing, so be prepared. The ASF Digital timer has been really good for us, we run about 5 of them down south and have 3 close to the house here that are 8 years old.

Comment

I am running 4 of the Timer on feeders no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          The top indicator is for 2 AA batteries inside the timer. They keep you settings if the big battery goes dead.

The bottom indicator is for your feeder battery, and if it shows one bar, that battery is dead.

I have a bunch of these timers, and all of them work good. I’ve read online about the problems like you had. I would call West Tx Feeder Supply and see if the will replace it. They have a 5yr warranty (or used to anyway).

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep there’s 2 battery indicators, one for the main battery and one for the battery inside the timer.

I guess I’ve been lucky. I’ve been running the same 2 of them since 2005 with no issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ll add that I do have 2 others that have no problems. I’ll replace it outright with another timer when I come back. This or ASF timer. Wish I wasn’t so far from everything where I have it. Looks like I’ll need another battery also just in case I get back and spins this one dead also. I have a 91 series serial number on this timer.

Comment

Had it happen to us last season. One of our hunters braved the onslaught and got it shut down before it dumped all 1000#'s.

We had to replace The Timer.

Comment

Working...
                              X