Ireland or Scotland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland or Scotland?

Which one would you visit? We like scenery, outdoors, castles, food, drink but keep it family friendly.

I can’t say much about Ireland, since I haven’t been there. I frequent Scotland due to the fact that half of my family lives there (my mom was born and raised there). Scotland has everything your looking for! I highly recommend the Edinburgh Castle. If you want more insight or have questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Comment

Been to both. Each has different things to offer. I'm not much in to cities but I enjoyed Dublin. Dublin has more to offer if you want to see dog and horse races and pubs. There are some charming towns nearby that have lots of nice shops. Limerick is a good one. We drove to the Dingle peninsula. It was a beating of a road trip but we were trying to pack too much in and didn’t make time to stop, explore and relax along the way. If I did that tour again I would stretch it out to at least a week. The weather was pretty awful 90% of the time. Not just rain but rain and cold wind. We would spend hours driving around looking at stuff and no one wanted to get out of the car because it was so cold and rainy. However, I think it had been a little rainier than normal when we were there.

I preferd Scotland. While Ireland is very green, it’s mostly pastoral. Fields, farms, woodland. The Scottish highlands are rugged and wild. Beautiful mountains with interesting rock outcroppings and waterfalls everywhere. You’ll see more wildlife. And the castles are really cool. If nature, photography, and hiking are more interesting to you than urban activities, Scotland is better. Both places have pretty beaches but they are hard to enjoy because you never get good “beach weather.” So don’t go for the beaches.
      Last edited by Sika; 09-12-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Steall Falls by Courtney, on Flickr

Ben Nevis by Courtney, on Flickr

Dunvegan Castle by Courtney, on Flickr

Untitled by Courtney, on Flickr

Comment

my son went to Ireland last year by himself on vacation, it really enjoyed it and wishes he had planned to stay longer than he did,,,, i have to be content with pictures doubt i will ever get to visit either one

Comment

@Sika my first post on here, been reading for a while but your last picture, with the Roe buck, I know that guy. Ian? He is really good friends with my parents. I like in Scotland, Angus. It is a small world haha

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Comment

Erin Go Bragh!

Comment

I'm part Irish so probably Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by mccolganm4 View Post
                  @Sika my first post on here, been reading for a while but your last picture, with the Roe buck, I know that guy. Ian? He is really good friends with my parents. I like in Scotland, Angus. It is a small world haha

Small world

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                    Small world
                    Definitely. If it is him the picture was probably taken about 20 miles from my house [emoji3]

Comment

Anyway to answer the OP question. Its gotta be scotland. You can come visit me too

Comment

Originally posted by mccolganm4 View Post

It was the best part of the trip for sure! Ian was a great guide and a very knowledgeable and interesting fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          It was the best part of the trip for sure! Ian was a great guide and a very knowledgeable and interesting fellow.
                          Awesome. Yeah he is a good guy. He got me my first Roe deer when I was about 11.
                          Was this at Bridge of Cally/Persie?

Comment

Can’t pick , guess just going to have to visit both

Comment

Was this at Bridge of Cally/Persie?
                              Yes somewhere around there. There was a wind farm up the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X