Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
    Agreed. The lighter arrow travels much faster lol

Would you rather get hit with a tennis ball going 300FPS or a pool ball going 285fps?

One will sting a bit. One will break bones and cause internal bleeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
      Both of these statements (which were submitted almost at the same time) hit the nail square on the head.
      You do realize how broadheads work, right? They cut. If you fling a full point into something it's not going to go as far as a sharp point. Try shooting a field point and sharp b h into a target.

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
        Have you ever shot a field point at a broadhead specific target? Tears vanes up pretty quickly because there's nothing to slow it down on the front end

So you are suggesting a fieldpoint penetrates better than a broadhead, fixed or deployed mechanical, alike in a non torn up solid target?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          So you are suggesting a fieldpoint penetrates better than a broadhead, fixed or deployed mechanical, alike in a non torn up solid target?
          The targets I've shot I have had that result.

Comment

Here is what the Buzzcut did..
            Last edited by tef; 10-14-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I will bet pay check for paycheck that a field point will not penetrate farther than a broadhead in a foam broadhead target.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                Here is what the Buzzcut did..
                Disregard, pic wouldn't upload.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  I will bet pay check for paycheck that a field point will not penetrate farther than a broadhead in a foam broadhead target.

Mine don't. I've tried it several times over the years practicing with stuff. I know what happened, I know where I hit both pigs. Those that swear by mech just haven't had it happen. Hopefully they never will. I just know what my experiences have taught me.

Comment

Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement!!!!!

I use both types of broadheads and i've lost animals with both due to bad shot placement.
                    These were shots I thought were money but looking back at video can see the Indian messed up. Also broadheads require maintenance and shouldn't be left in quiver for long periods. If so they need to be removed and inspected before use.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

Just speaking from my experiences..

Comment

You might be the first person I have ever heard say that. Must be some loose targets then. Probably a shot up bag of rags? Ever shot an animal with a FP?

Of course, it does what you say, in a torn up less dense target. But penetration is poor as hell from FPs in the fresh part of my targets... I live it everyday with my BLOB target. The design of the point itself slows it down on the front end with any resistance. FP are designed to do just that and cause minimal damage. The COC or trocar tips and the blades cut their way through to maximize penetration. Fieldtips drag as soon as they hit skin.

Animals are not a torn up target. I've seen a guy accidentally shoot a field point through a pig grabbing the wrong arrow in his quiver. The arrow was stopped almost instantaneously with a loud thuuump right in the lungs! Stopped it like hitting a walk.

Comment

What’s your setup? Bow poundage, DL, arrow length and weight?

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                            Agreed. The lighter arrow travels much faster lol
                            About .5 seconds faster

Comment

Stop shooting pixie sticks and get some telephone poles

Quit blaming broadheads
                              Last edited by crc; 10-14-2020, 11:34 AM. Reason: Jus cuz

Comment

Still don’t know OP’s arrow weight. Fast doesn’t mean much, you aren’t gonna beat a deer from jumping the string. However there is such thing as a slow arrow. I’d say anything under 280 is relatively slow. Benefit for me having a long draw length is I can shoot a 550 grain arrow at 286 and stick a mechanical on the end of it, it doesn’t have a choice as to whether or not it’s going through. If I was shooting an arrow that weighed under 450 I’d be shooting only two blade fixed heads. I love reading “my magnus stingers bent upon impact!” Right before reading “my mechanicals didn’t deploy!” Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X