Savage MSR 15 .224 Valkyrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage MSR 15 .224 Valkyrie

Well, walking through Academy today to look at the bare racks of no guns and started looking at one bolt gun. The snotty nose 24-year old kid was telling me all about the Nicco scope on the gun and what a fine piece of glass it was and I just looked at him. About that time an older employee walked past me with an AR in his hands and I said, hey let me see that thing. Savage MSR-15 in .224 Valkyrie, on clearance to boot. I plopped down my LTC and said I will take it. Out the door with it, 5 boxes of Federal Fusion and 2 boxes of plinking ammo, and a Leupold Mark 2 AR mount/rings, all to the tune of under $650 dollars. I hope it was a good deal.

Now just trying to figure out which one it is from the website. The one employee said I was getting a heck of a deal because they gun had been listed at $899.

Sounds like a pretty good snag to me

Comment

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably the best or one of the best production line AR’s out there. The MSR’s are top quality and I would say you got a heck of a deal!

Comment

Dang good deal

Comment

Whether you use them for target shooting, competition, or hunting, our rifles at Savage Arms are designed with our shooters in mind. Learn more!

Finally sat down and researched it. I am happier now....

Comment

DFW area?

Comment

Arlington

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                DFW area?

Was at the Arlington store. Only one they had in the store, and the employee said that he finally decided to put it out because another employee two weeks ago said to leave it in the back.

Comment

Sounds like a well made AR. They are supposed to be made of 7075, but I have found out in recent years, many ARs, listed as Mil spec, are made of 6061, which is a much softer aluminum. 7075 is hard stuff. I know for sure two of my ARs receivers are made of 7075.

The melonite barrel should last a very long time, if that is the same as melonized. I have not seen a factory rifle with a adjustable gas block, that's pretty good deal. The 224 Valkyrie is a interesting caliber, I have been wanting to put one together.

Sounds like you got a very good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                    https://www.savagearms.com/content?p...ummary&s=22931

Finally sat down and researched it. I am happier now....
                    I have never seen a Savage for sale in any establishment except Carter's Country for full retail price.

Comment

I love my valkyrie. It's a cheap PSA upper, but shoots lights out. What twist is yours? For factory ammo mine likes the cheap AE 75gr stuff out to about 350. It falls on it's face after that. I reload 80gr ELDM over H4895 in Starline brass, it will run half- three quarter MOA out to 600 pretty easy.

Comment

Twist

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                        I love my valkyrie. It's a cheap PSA upper, but shoots lights out. What twist is yours? For factory ammo mine likes the cheap AE 75gr stuff out to about 350. It falls on it's face after that. I reload 80gr ELDM over H4895 in Starline brass, it will run half- three quarter MOA out to 600 pretty easy.
                        1:7

Comment

Im going to check our local Academy's

Comment

Tyler and Longview claim they don’t have any. Wish they did I would get into the 224 game at that price.

Comment

It was in the Back

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                              Tyler and Longview claim they don’t have any. Wish they did I would get into the 224 game at that price.
                              Funny thing is, when I asked the snotty nose kid if they had any AR's he said nope, been out for awhile, and then this guy walks by with one in his hand a couple of minutes later.

Comment

Working...
                              X