No announcement yet.

Guided archery elk/COVID era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do what you want and live life how you want. What I would do should have no bearing on what you will do. Whatever you do just live with it as your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
      OK so my bride takes care of her 95 year old WWII veteran father and her 89 year old mother who has cancer. She goes to their home every day, checks on them cleans their house cooks them diner couple times a week. So I am pretty dang careful who I am around. In fact have not seen my grown married daughters in three months and they live here in town. I am thinking I should prolly cancel. COVID is an azzwhip. Someone should kick China square in the ballsack.
      You and your wife as well as your parents have zero contact with other people?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        You and your wife as well as your parents have zero contact with other people?
        So my brides parents have had no outside contact other than her. My bride has a small circle of trust and I have a circle of trust as well with three employees and if I have to meet with someone its social distance all the way mask included. Have not been to grocery store, we have groceries delivered and then she wipes everything down starting with the grocery bags then each individual item. Long and short we are doing everything we can to not expose her parents.

Comment

yep, I would go.

Comment

I will go in your place. I will take lots of pics and videos of “our” Elk for you to enjoy. I’m willing to take this risk free of charge

Comment

Did you just really ask that question!!!!

Comment

So my brides parents have had no outside contact other than her. My bride has a small circle of trust and I have a circle of trust as well with three employees and if I have to meet with someone its social distance all the way mask included. Have not been to grocery store, we have groceries delivered and then she wipes everything down starting with the grocery bags then each individual item. Long and short we are doing everything we can to not expose her parents.
                Go hunt and follow the same protocol. No way to know if your circle of trust is following everything to a T.

Comment

Go. When you get back, self isolate if you can, like the deer lease.

I am in the same boat with my parents, my dad has severe COPD. I basically have have isolated from then until I receive news one way or another. Before this, I was minimizing all contact with them anyways, all the way to I haven’t even stepped foot in their house since Feb.

When I would bring them stuff, I would drop everything off on their back patio table and chat with them outside only at a safe distance.
                  Last edited by Greenheadless; 07-02-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Depending on your amount of exposure to other people in San Antonio, you may have less chance of exposure with the elk camp than you do in San Antonio. It could be safer.

Ask everybody to get tested before you go. Drive up. Any new symptoms should appear in the week you are up there.

I feel your pain though. My dad is 93 Korean War vet and I have seen him once and I got tested before that. Its not good thinking you could bring something back.

Comment

I am specifically going elk hunting this year due to Covid. I wanted a mountain hunt somewhere that I can drive to.

Comment

Wiping everything down will not kill everything. Sure it will help. But no way all the crevasses in fruit and vegetables get cleaned. Not to mention the millions of good bacteria being killed by cleaning everything. It's literally what keeps our immune system working.

Now, if you cook everything beyond 160 degrees, you are probably good. As others have said, those others in your "trusted" circle likely don't have the same system as you, and likely have been in contact with Corona. I still stand firm in that everyone either has had it, currently has it, or will get it. There will be no cure.

That said, if I were you, I would go. But I don't have to live with the decisions you make.

Comment

Go!

Comment

Go...I would!

Comment

Better not go. Can I have your tag?

Comment

Go

Comment

Working...
                                X