3.5 EcoBoost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.5 EcoBoost

I have a 2013 f150 4x4 3.5 ecoboost. I have been averaging 12mpg and yesterday while pulling my 16' flat bed and side x side I was getting 6.2mpg on a 310 mile round trip that was my average. What's everyone else getting with these trucks?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 f150 4x4 3.5 ecoboost. Average about 18 around town. 17 pulling my 17' Bass tracker with 40hp motor. And I'm not exactly easy on the gas. Could get better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one of the earlier models for my work truck for awhile while my regular one was getting repaired and i was expecting good mileage since my regular has the v8 and that eco was burning fuel like it was free. Had a 2016 as a personal for a year and it was pretty good. I could pull my 20’ extra wide trailer loaded with my sxs and zero turn to the lease with no problems on a tank of fuel about 5-5.5 hr round trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
        2016 f150 4x4 3.5 ecoboost. Average about 18 around town. 17 pulling my 17' Bass tracker with 40hp motor. And I'm not exactly easy on the gas. Could get better.

I was averaging 75mph the whole time. Best I have ever done pulling that combo was 9.5 and yesterday flat out sucked. $130 in fuel for a round trip. Regular size tires no lift or anything.

Comment

2015 with 3.5 and I average 18.4 on the dash, mixed driving.

Comment

Everyone I have spoken with gets good fuel mileage out of them. I have end up taking it into the shop to see what's up. Not throwing any codes but something doesn't seem right. I dont have a heavy foot just an average driver.
            Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
            2015 with 3.5 and I average 18.4 on the dash, mixed driving.

Comment

Do you have the single turbo model? I know when they first came out I think there were some single turbo models and they sucked on gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                Do you have the single turbo model? I know when they first came out I think there were some single turbo models and they sucked on gas mileage.

I'm not even sure to be honest I just know it's a 2013 model with the ecoboost. I need to look I guess.

Comment

I have a 2011 and consistently get close to 18, but pulling a trailer it gets about 10.

Comment

It is not a single turbo. My 14 eco was all over the place on mileage but never 6.2, even pulling a 10k Camper.

Comment

My 2015 gets 18.5 mixed, I can get 21 on the hiway if I’m easy on it. Towing a trailer load of firewood with a stiff headwind I got 14-15. I’ve found the computer calculation to be off as much as 2 mpg’s

On a side note, why is when I head to the ranch I’m always driving INTO a SSE wind, but manage to have a NNW wind to drive home into.... just once I’d like to catch that the other way around!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                        It is not a single turbo. My 14 eco was all over the place on mileage but never 6.2, even pulling a 10k Camper.
                        I been wanting to bring my camper home from the lease to clean it up but at this rate I'm not sure I will. I have only had the pickup 6 months now. Bought it with 52k miles and have 60 on it now. Was getting around 15-16 for the first couple months and has gone down every since then.

Comment

I have a 2018 with the 3.5 4x4, getting 16.5 on the dash. Lots of city driving and idling. All highway driving is over 20. Haven't towed with it yet.

Comment

My 2015 3.5 would get about 19.5 mixed, 15 towing.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              My 2015 3.5 would get about 19.5 mixed, 15 towing.
                              Did you get your 5.0 yet?

I’m enjoying mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X