Offshore fishing trip grad present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore fishing trip grad present

So our oldest is a fishing nut. He spends all his extra $$ on fishing poles, reels, tackle, etc and goes almost every evening after work. He graduates high school next year and for his grad present wants a big fishing trip. Thinking next summer would be best before college so...

What can we fish in June/July? Maybe a combo wade fishing/offshore trip? Give me some suggestions for what and who...

Poco, wanna take my kid to the beach for sharks???

Go to Venice,La!!

Comment

Venice hands down!

Comment

For A grad present. Venice as mentioned but maybe around spring break time if you wanna combo. The other option is chandeluer islands.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
          Go to Venice,La!!
          Originally posted by CSanders View Post
          Venice hands down!
          Y'all have my attention. Any recommendations for a boat/captain? Marlin sounds like a blast!

Comment

Venice is awesome for fishing. We fish with Capt. Eddie Berger for offshore. No recommendations on inshore as we've never inshore fished there. We're heading back in October. Lodging is pretty cheap at Venice Marina.

Comment

Oh and if you're down there you should bowfish one night. We went with Rodney Boudreaux and Deep Delta Bowfishing.

Comment

A friend of mine has fished with Eddie before and had a good trip. This June we fished with super strike charters and had a good trip. The tuna fishing was slow but our captain was great and tried his best to find them. You can also rent a house boat from super strike in the marina, they will pick you up from the back of the house boat the morning of your trip. We also did a bowfishing trip one night with scale damage, that was pretty fun. Do a search for Venice also, several good threads to read through.
                Last edited by CSanders; 07-07-2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

We went with MGFC a few years ago ... a awesome trip , I'm tryin to get a group together again for yellow fin tuna

Comment

I'm gonna go against the grain and recommend you consider Venice . Capt Eddie is a great choice and they can recommend an inshore guide.

Comment

Go to Venice

Bow fish for redfish with Scale Damage. Then go offshore with Mexican Gulf Fishing Co.

You will not be disappointed.

Comment

Voodoo,MGFC,Eddie Burger

Comment

Dang I wish my parents were as generous as some of y’all. When I graduated high school we went out to dinner.

For off shore Venice is tough to beat. If you want to take him out to Hawaii pm me and I’ll get you my buddy’s contact info

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            Go to Venice

Bow fish for redfish with Scale Damage. Then go offshore with Mexican Gulf Fishing Co.

You will not be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                            X