Moleskin or Other for Riser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moleskin or Other for Riser

I want to put something on the riser of my Triax to avoid noise if I bump it with arrow, but I'm thinking of something other than traditional moleskin. On my Creed XS I have a more spongy material (black) but I have no idea where I got it or what it is called.

Does anyone have suggestions?

I know what you are talking about but don't remember what it is called either

Comment

what about tennis racket tape?

Comment

I use that on my recurve nice and comfy.

Comment

Insulation tape from hardware store. Most all will carry some. Sometimes its double sided adhesive so be aware.

Comment

Thats a helluva url. I hope it works.

Comment

The black foam with adhesive backing is called virginia foam tape, for an updated solution try Sugru; it comes in many colors and is great for bump spots on the bow. That's what I use.

Comment

Most outdoors stores sell that cohesive wrap in different camo colors, deadens noise and protects whatever it is wrapped around.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the "fuzzy" side of industrial velcro. Works great.

Some older pics of mine:

Comment

I ordered Cir cut Extreme Peel-n-stick silent pad multi-use material. It is an all purpose adhesive backed neoprene foam high tech material. It has 1001 uses. (straight from the label)

I'm glad it's extreme cuz that's what I am.

I think this is the stuff I was looking for. I'm going to give it a shot. I'll also look into the sugru.

Comment

I used a piece of camo neoprene from some waders that had developed a leak that I couldn't fix. A little bit of Gorilla glue, and voila......a perfect fix IMO.

Comment

don't overthink it. adhesive backed felt. super cheap. cut it however you want.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                          don't overthink it. adhesive backed felt. super cheap. cut it however you want.
                          I used the loop side of the Velcro from my "Dont tread on me" patch for a while to catch my drop away . Worked great

Comment

I found today at Cabelas they sell strips of limbsaver rubber for the grip, could work for your riser as well. Here it is on Amazon:

LimbSaver Vibration Insulator Strip, Pair

Comment

That Velcro idea is genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X