Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added lighted nock and arrows hitting 4-5" left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added lighted nock and arrows hitting 4-5" left?

What is the underlying problem?

Need heavier spine? Weaker?

I just put the regular nocks back in and went on

This is on my daughter's setup

I believe when you add weight to the rear of a shaft it stiffings the spine. Try adding some weight to the front.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is doing something somewhat similar except shooting low with fixed blades only. Mechanicals and field tips fly great with both nocks, fixed are 6” low... my only hope is that it’s nock pinch, I’m going to get a new d loop and see if that helps

Comment

if you have a low FOC the effect is large. Add 25g to the BH or insert and you will be back on track.

Comment

Could be an issue with nock fit. Does the string freely spin without moving the arrow when you have it nocked?

The other issue is mentioned above. Adding weight to the back of the arrow usually shows up mirroring a stiff spine reaction, which is arrows flying left for a right handed shooter

Comment

It sounds like your daughters arrows have low FOC. That is the only I have ever noticed a difference with lighted nocks, usually they is no change at all. But if I am down near 8-9% FOC I can notice a difference. You have to realize adding a lighted nock is only adding 6-10 grains because of the difference in the weight of the nock you took out.

Well I misspoke, I remembered I did have an issue with the nock fitting too tightly to the serving. But that has happened with regular nocks too.

Comment

Nock pinch or thickness difference. I’ve never had any brand fit the same as my regular nocks..... one reason I don’t shoot them.

I’d rather know there I hit due to my aiming vs know where I hit 50% where/when light works

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Nock pinch or thickness difference. I’ve never had any brand fit the same as my regular nocks..... one reason I don’t shoot them.

I’d rather know there I hit due to my aiming vs know where I hit 50% where/when light works
                I have been using Nockturnal brand since 2012 and have never had one fail. I know I am in the minority but it is why I use them. I only shoot H size Easton arrows and wonder if that isn't why. I know a lot of X size failures.

Comment

I’ve never had POI change with a lighted nock. Did you put the valley of the nock at the same vane it was on?

Comment

Going to check into a few of these things later this afternoon

Shoots great, groups good with either field points or Magnus stinger 2 blades

Throw lighted nock in and both go left

Kyle, dad needs to see where she hit something for clarification. She is not always sure

Comment

Lighted nock is super tight on the string

Need to get in my room and get the specs on her arrows but suspect the nock being tight on the string is the major contributor

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Lighted nock is super tight on the string

Need to get in my room and get the specs on her arrows but suspect the nock being tight on the string is the major contributor
                        This could do it.

Comment

I got busy sharpening broadheads for her upcoming hunt and forgot to get arrow specs

100gr head on Victory pink 500 about 27" 3 fletch with blazers and factory nock

Comment

Working...
                          X