Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    They have already reached out to Brett Venables.
    Originally posted by Dru View Post
    Hearing the same. Just not sure why now he would want to be a HC. He has had a lot of other offers.
    There has always been rumors of the skeletons in his closet will keep him from getting a head job or maybe hold it up a little. I have no idea if this is true, but this comes up every time his name comes up.

Maybe he is waiting on K-State to open too.

Comment

Why would anyone want Briles associated with their university?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        This. Unlikely he will be hired anytime soon or possibly ever with his skeletons from Baylor especially in the climate today with all this going on with people being charged with sexual harrassement daily somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I believe he's a great coach who deserves a chance to redeem his name. I think he's learned from his mistakes and deserves a shot and would be a great asset to their program

Comment

I spoke to Mike Leach last night and he said he isn't interested in returning to Texas Tech. "They didn’t pay me last time. And I’m happy here.” Asked to elaborate, he said: "They haven’t paid me for 2009 and we won 9 games that year. And they haven’t won 9 games since."

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
              I spoke to Mike Leach last night and he said he isn't interested in returning to Texas Tech. "They didn’t pay me last time. And I’m happy here.” Asked to elaborate, he said: "They haven’t paid me for 2009 and we won 9 games that year. And they haven’t won 9 games since."
              Lol, I love Mike Leach.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                I believe he's a great coach who deserves a chance to redeem his name. I think he's learned from his mistakes and deserves a shot and would be a great asset to their program
                There is talk of him taking a non-paid role with his son (Kendal) if he gets the head job at Texas State. This could be a good opportunity for Coach Briles to get back into college football without to much heat coming from the outside.

Comment

My step daughter shed tears. LOL.

Comment

They have to bring in someone with experience, the fresh face thing failed for them with Kliff... I would like to see Holgorsen hired but I don't know that he has a strong enough disagreement with WVU to leave. I strongly believe Briles would be able to make Tech a contender but I don't think Kirby is down for the press that would bring. Venables is a fascinating pick but why TTU over the numerous offers he has/will receive, also would have to find a great OC to keep the air raid alive, Tubby's defensive minded scheme was a huge failure at Tech. I don't see Littrell or Brown making the cut... I just hope they get the ball rolling on this thing so we can get everything established and get on the recruiting trail!

Comment

Why not Briles????? Remember Bobby Knight?????
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Would be interested to see if his past would effect recruiting at all. Winning parents over
                        etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                          Adios,
                          Gary
                          Do not think Knight covered up or allegedly covered up rapes and sexual assaults like Briles may or may not have. Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Do not think Knight covered up or allegedly covered up rapes and sexual assaults like Briles may or may not have. Big difference.
                            Perfect example of what may be the popular perception about Briles in the Lubbock region, and why Briles probably won't get the job.

For the record, I agree that it won't, and probably should not, happen.

I also think that most TTU fans, myself included, could and should care less about keeping the air raid alive. If wining games consistently means crawling across the goal line, so be it.

Comment

Sonny Cumbie

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                                Adios,
                                Gary
                                If Tech learned anything from the Knight experience, it’s that tiger’s don’t change their stripes. Knight was who Knight was and always will be. Briles has never accepted responsibility for the terrible things that transpired under his command. He has expressed no remorse

Comment

Working...
                                X